Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: wisdom teeth suck!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default wisdom teeth suck!

Well I finally got my wisdom teeth out this moring, all I've eaten all day is frickin broth and gatorade and I will be lucky to eat ramen noodles tomorrow! At least I've got the rest of the week off work to work on my rig. how long did it take most of you to be somewhat back to normal?
TOYUTAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2007, 07:40 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

normal as in regular food? bout a week and a half. I lived on peanut butter and jelly for nearly 2 weeks though.
2JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

3 weeks. Both lowers got dry socket.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I was eating semi hard food (meat in little pieces) in like 2-3 days. But im just cool though... So i dunno how cool you are.

Edit- It was because i broke 5 bones in my face 3 days before so all my nerves in my face were numb, so maybe that is why im cool... that was one F'd up week. Broken face, Wisdom teeth, and broken wrist.

Last edited by CarsonWyckoff; 11-07-2007 at 07:48 PM.
CarsonWyckoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:44 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

great, i'm about to get mine removed next week and now i'm even more horrified..

i hate the dentist.........HATE...
crawls2thewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

I tell you waht if I had it to do over again I would only have gotten one out at the time. Damn that was some great stuff that put me on, oh and that nurse. WOOOOOOOOOOW. She was hot. I tryed my damndest to get her to come home with me. She would not have any part of it. I loved it. The food part about a week and a half. I just ate ice cream ind jello. Man it was great though.
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

i hate my dentist, mine are all in, but im not getting them pulled. lol.
Crawler Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:14 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawler Noob View Post
i hate my dentist, mine are all in, but im not getting them pulled. lol.
I said that to
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:16 PM   #9
Adilynsdad too!

Well I was never "normal" to start with so it's really hard for me to say
braceysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:28 PM   #10

got two of mine pulled out at once. Was able to eat solid food the next day! I had to chew with one side though! It didn't really hurt at all for me, guess my dentist was good and I healed fast.
sykdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:42 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

i said i was keeping mine too. until i had headaches and jaw aches for 6 months. my bastard dentist could not do it. so they referred me to another one. i had to sell my 1960 vw karmen ghia project to pay for it. took 1 day off work. spit blood for 2 days. went to see my newborn nephew in the hospital, but stayed in the parking lot spitting out blood the whole time being put under for the yanking was the best. and the relief of having them out. i say do it its good times
TREE68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:56 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I got all 4 pulled and got jaw surgery too, all at the same time. I couldnt eat solid food for 6 weeks and my face was beyond swollen for 4 of those. Worst time ever, but in retrospect it was all worth it.
HndsWthtShdws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:11 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

I had mine taken out over the summer and for me the scariest part was the IV, i hate needles, but it took me about two weeks to get back to normal. It wasn't nearly as bad as i thought it would be, i remember getting the IV then next thing i know im sitting in the after surgery room, i guess i got right up and walked into the room, but i dont remember anything, the pain pills they gave me were pretty nice didn't feel much. The morning after i got up to go to the bathroom and passed out on the way. I guess i got up to fast. But hey for me it wasn't all that bad.
stack'o'rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

i could've gone back to school the next day. pretty sure i had the best wisdom teeth pulling expeirence ever. i threw up once, then i was fine pretty much, just a lot of sleep. took about a week before i was really comfortable eating food again. i only had to take about 3 ibprofen (sp) a day, almost no pain
Bknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:20 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

When I had my wisdom teeth pulled, I had no pain at all. I didn't even need any pain killers.
TMXONR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:36 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Got all four of mine pulled at the same time, might as well get it over with cause it's painful afterwards. After a couple days of soft food I went ot Mikky D's and barely could chew and swallow a hamburger (the small one), small fries and a Coke...but it sure tasted good after several days of soft chit.

I think it took about 10 days...maybe two weeks to be good to go, but even then I had to be careful not to get a peice of something hard or pointed jammed into where they had been. Don't use straws to drink, and DO gently swish/rinse your mouth with luke warm salt water several times per day to keep the dry socket, infection , etc away. My teeth were kinda tilted but prolly would've come in eventually. Dentist said didn't have to come out, but I told him to do it. It was worth it, got rid of my headaches.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:01 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Ya when he was giving me the IV he did and antibiotic first and said I'd feel a burning sensation in my crotch and I bust up laughing! That was the last thing I remember but my girlfriend said I was having a pretty good time! I only had 3 teeth, the 2 on top were impacted and the one bottom was bad and right near the big nerve in your jaw and I was only at the place 45 minutes! So it wasn't too bad. In still a little sore but I've basically quit bleeding so tomorrow I should be able to eat pudding,mashed potatoes,etc and get some work done on the crawler!
TOYUTAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #18
RCC Addict

When i got all four of mine taken out at once, I took the pain killers for 12 hours and was out at a party the next night
yukon635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:59 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

man I was afraid to have mine pulled for the longest time had headaches jaw aches. got sick from them. then i was working out and one of them just blew up I couldn't even see. kinda hard to not drop the weights and look like a total tard but some how i put the weights back on the rack and went right to the dentist. I had them out the next week. that day i went home did a double dose of the vike's and past out. woke up the next day felt great. took more pain killers because i like them. but i was eatin normal food that day. heck i think i could have worked the day i had them pulled, to be honest.
I took the antibiotics like the dentist said I was scared to death of gettin a infection or somthin. I am real glad i had them all yanked at once and they are gone.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 09:51 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

feel your pain dude. Got ALL of mine out at once. lowers were impacted. that blew. I woke up with my cheeks all bruised and a plastic bag with teeth chunks in it.

the "best" part is using that curved syringe to wash out the sockets. mmmmm... I made the mistake of not doing it for a few days (cause it hurt like hell) and when I finally got to it, all that came out was this black crap (gross!!)

At least I got to have all the milk shakes and Jamba Juice I wanted. Although the liquid diet gets old REAL fast!
jbrandt is offline   Reply With Quote