RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Zach (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/92713-zach.html)

allusee 11-19-2007 10:31 AM

Zach

My name is Amber, I am new. I have dabbled in the RC Car thing, well actually all I did was drive it with the remote control on an indoor track (races) in Sacramento, CA some 4 years ago.

I have 3 children and am married.

One of my children have Neuroblastoma Cancer, and has been batteling for his live this past year. I have started a NPO, http://www.paccgroup.org because I want to help other families who need support and help. I needed it and still do, but wanted to pay it forward. (Not trying to promote Pacc, just letting you all know about me in short)

Zachary has been in and out of hospials this past year. Idaho, Utah, NY, Virginia doing transplans, Chemo. Radiation, ect. His treatment will continue for who knows how long.

I use to work, not any more, because I just can't with all of the traveling I do for Zachary's treatment.

SO now, I just hang out with my kids and make everyday the best day I can, for the families sake!

ANyhow, if this adoption thing is what I am suppose to do here, then adopt away!

Later!

clodstall 11-19-2007 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allusee (Post 928201)
My name is Amber, I am new. I have dabbled in the RC Car thing, well actually all I did was drive it with the remote control on an indoor track (races) in Sacramento, CA some 4 years ago.

I have 3 children and am married.

One of my children have Neuroblastoma Cancer, and has been batteling for his live this past year. I have started a NPO, http://www.paccgroup.org because I want to help other families who need support and help. I needed it and still do, but wanted to pay it forward. (Not trying to promote Pacc, just letting you all know about me in short)

Zachary has been in and out of hospials this past year. Idaho, Utah, NY, Virginia doing transplans, Chemo. Radiation, ect. His treatment will continue for who knows how long.

I use to work, not any more, because I just can't with all of the traveling I do for Zachary's treatment.

SO now, I just hang out with my kids and make everyday the best day I can, for the families sake!

ANyhow, if this adoption thing is what I am suppose to do here, then adopt away!

Later!

sorry to hear all that. hope everything works out for the best. my wife and her ex hubsband had a child together. he had hurlers,and bone disease. he had a marrow transplant and passed when he was only 18 months old. now we have a son together,Tucker and he is [erfectly healthy.thank god.

anyway welcome to the site and i will adopt you and help you the best i can. when i can also. "thumbsup"

Tony..

allusee 11-19-2007 06:12 PM

Heres a question for you all to flame me on? How long is it before I can sponsor someone else? Is there a specific thread count or time line, or a coolness factor I need to reach before being able to do that?

Flame Away!

Hey Jason heres some pics for you for Sunday, I'll get you more as well.

Glad to be here everyone!

Amber

allusee 11-19-2007 06:23 PM

7 Attachment(s)
The Pics..

braceysdad 11-19-2007 06:37 PM

Amber, what can we as a crawling community do to help?

jason 11-19-2007 07:02 PM

Jeff,

We are working on several things to help Zach and his family out right now. I can't say much right now, but keep an eye out in the next few days for some more info.

braceysdad 11-19-2007 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 928879)
Jeff,

We are working on several things to help Zach and his family out right now. I can't say much right now, but keep an eye out in the next few days for some more info.

looking forward to it...

slugzracing 11-19-2007 07:05 PM

That second to last pic brought tear to my eye:-(

Has Zach tried crawling yet?

k9popo 11-19-2007 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braceysdad (Post 928846)
Amber, what can we as a crawling community do to help?

X2, waiting to help the big guy"thumbsup"...

braceysdad 11-19-2007 07:20 PM

The sad thing is that, that baby looks comfortable with things that most of us will never be around...

Being able to, as Amber put it, pay it forward is what it's all about!

jason 11-19-2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugzracing (Post 928883)
Has Zach tried crawling yet?

Don't wanna leak many details now, but he'll be crawling here shortly;)

clodstall 11-19-2007 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 928910)
Don't wanna leak many details now, but he'll be crawling here shortly;)

guaranteed.

k9popo 11-19-2007 08:24 PM

This thread should never hit the bottom of the page...It needs to be stickied"thumbsup"...Or I will continue to "bump" it...

allusee 11-19-2007 08:51 PM

Hey thanks everyone! Zach is STRONG! as you will see in many pics. he is ALWAYS smiling (well most of the time) He doesn't understand all of the doctors and surgeries, chemo. radiation, CBC's blood tests ect. cause its the only thing he truly knows, In fact I feel he thinks it's the normal way of life.

He is full of life and loves to just be himself and have fun. When you say CRAWL, what are you referring to? He loves to get it in my zuki when were out rock crawling, he loves to watch it on TV, and he loves to see all of his buddies gettin it, especially in the competition's. Thats the only crawlin he knows right now! ;-)

slugzracing 11-19-2007 08:57 PM

Quote:

Thats the only crawlin he knows right now! ;-)
We shall have to remedy that!

allusee 11-19-2007 08:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Also, here are some pics from the womens event of Rock Crawling, this event was for Breast cancer research, every year I would get in the buggy and crawl for a cure (breast cancer) this year, I had to skip[ the event (obviously) and friends of ours, took it upon themselves to raise funds for Zachary, as well as do have some extra fun. I was told I was getting a pkg. in the mail and was scared, really scared... Turns out, I love our gift... I know it doesn't really fit in this thread or site, but it's so special I wanted to share with you all as well... Enjoy! There's a whole story to this...

allusee 11-19-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugzracing (Post 929105)
We shall have to remedy that!

I agree

allusee 11-19-2007 09:11 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's a few more pics..

redbaron 11-19-2007 09:23 PM

Amber,
Glad to see you make it over here! I have followed Zach's story on Pirate from the start. You guys will enjoy it here!

allusee 11-19-2007 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbaron (Post 929157)
Amber,
Glad to see you make it over here! I have followed Zach's story on Pirate from the start. You guys will enjoy it here!

Thanks, I know we will love this site as well as the others we visit. Just know that sometimes, some days are better then others which makes it a little hard to get onlne all the time, so if I am absent for a day or two, please forgive me in advance!

Have Fun!
Amber

jason 11-19-2007 09:27 PM

Quote:

I have followed Zach's story on Pirate from the start. You guys will enjoy it here!

Same here. I am wearing my bracelet right now, same as everyday since I got it at the beginning of this year.;-)

DeaDShorT 11-19-2007 09:32 PM

Wow, those pictures really tell a story. I can feel his personality coming through in them. I love that smile. How old is he? Looking forward to more updates and pictures with that smile, he's a cutie;-)

allusee 11-19-2007 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDShorT (Post 929175)
Wow, those pictures really tell a story. I can feel his personality coming through in them. I love that smile. How old is he? Looking forward to more updates and pictures with that smile, he's a cutie;-)

Yes they do, Zachary has spent time in NY, Idaho, Utah, and now were in Virginia! He has done lots for a child his age, medically and otherwise. In NY when were there for treatment, we are able to go on these functions the house holds for the kids and families, thats where the car, and such photos came from.

He is 3, he is a twin, and he is a BRAT DON'T let him fool you all, that smile is PURE EVIL. He tries to work his charm with everyone he meets, and it's pretty funny to view. However, he has manners and is very polite which makes me happy cause I won't have a child being rude and disrespectful to anyone!

Squid121 11-19-2007 09:41 PM

I don't know how long you will be in Virginia or where you are located, but the local guys are having a get together in the Richmond area on the 2nd of December I think. PM Scooteracing (Joe) and I'm sure they would take time to meet with you and Zach if you have the time. Just a thought."thumbsup"

DeaDShorT 11-19-2007 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allusee (Post 929184)
...and he is a BRAT DON'T let him fool you all, that smile is PURE EVIL. He tries to work his charm with everyone he meets, and it's pretty funny to view.

LOL!!! That's too funny:lol: My boys are 6 and 4, Colton and Mason. Mason is the brat. I know what you mean;-)

Thats great he's such a trooper, I can only imagine...

Hang tough for him, we'll do the same to support you"thumbsup"

Usmc8541 11-19-2007 10:16 PM

Hey Zach!!!! I hope you get well soon!!!!

k9popo 11-20-2007 04:55 AM

hlpressley 11-20-2007 05:27 AM

I just subscribed to this thread and will look froward to the opportuntity to help this strong young man in any way possible. You and your family are in my prayers. "thumbsup"

scalerfreak 11-20-2007 06:38 AM

welcome to the site, and i hope everything goes well for Zach, you and him will be in my prayers till he is well, and for you other rcc guys, what ever yall do to help him out, i will gladly buy a vedor or gold star and you can give the money that i pay you for the star, you can give to his family as a gift or donation from me, looking forward too helping him out

Get better mini man!

JeremyH 11-20-2007 06:50 AM

Quote:

I have followed Zach's story on Pirate from the start.

Likewise. I've had my bracelet for quite some time!

I hope he is getting better.

k9popo 11-20-2007 04:20 PM

Bump for a great cause...

ColquittCustom405 11-20-2007 06:12 PM

Jumped on the wagon....I hope all is well

clodstall 11-20-2007 08:02 PM

I am still here as well. hope all is good today also.

Kick butt buddy."thumbsup"

jason 11-20-2007 08:08 PM

You should all be getting an email tonight letting you know what we are doing ;)

redbaron 11-20-2007 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 930409)
You should all be getting an email tonight letting you know what we are doing ;)

Cool! I'll be watching for it. "thumbsup"

slobin3d 11-20-2007 08:27 PM

Quote:

got mine"thumbsup"

clodstall 11-20-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

i bet i know."thumbsup":lol::lol::lol:"thumbsup"

Usmc8541 11-20-2007 09:51 PM

Bump for the little fighter!!!

DeaDShorT 11-20-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Got it...8)

joehein 11-20-2007 10:43 PM

just got the e-mail and i like the idea. hopefully this little guy will get as much out of it as he can.