RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/)
-   -   Rule For DIG (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chit-chat/99119-rule-dig.html)

dirk379 01-05-2008 01:06 PM

Rule For DIG

Who all thinks engaging a DIG system should be pointed?

EDIT- I thought 1:1 WErock did this, i was up late and coulda swore i read it somewhere, but now i can't find it.. :oops:

Now if everyone ran dig, i bet more votes would come up as "Yes" point it.
However, If it was that way, the people running Dig would still have an advantage by taking a dig point vs mulitiple reverse points in certain areas on the course so they would still have an edge over non-dig users to an extent. DIG's would still be around even if it were.

For you guys who are voting "No" why don't you give some reasons?

Is it only because you have an advantage over other guys not running it, or because you've now bought this radio, bought the r2d, or what?

Seems only logical to count it as a point...

Harley 01-05-2008 01:17 PM

No - Because I have it and I don't care about the rest of you!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jason 01-05-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk379 (Post 993242)
Who all thinks engaging a DIG system should be pointed just like the 1:1 series?

Not a 1:1 series that I know of that gives points for digging now, or ever has there been.

CCFBERG 01-05-2008 01:25 PM

I voted no! Because: (not pointing at any one person) its not my fault you dont have dig on your rig and I do when we compete. The knowledge base is out there and available to make this setup from things most of us have already in our shops or work areas without going to the LHS. Get dig and there isnt a problem. Start adding rules to the already to many rules out there and things become complicated and not fun!

Here is an example for ya:

Most guys dont like fat chics! Fat chics know this! Dress codes in the work place are made to please the fat folks and help return the advantage in the fat favor over that hot ass brunet shaken her shit past your cube. Hot chick is forced to dress like the fat chic and it kinda levels everything out some what and fat chic doesnt complain that hot chic is hot and she is not. Just like some people not having dig on their rig!

"thumbsup"
Shawn

mrpink 01-05-2008 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason (Post 993262)
Not a 1:1 series that I know of that gives points for digging now, or ever has there been.

I was thinking the same thing. Just wasn't sure if you west coasters did things different. i have been to many events locally and never heard of a "Dig Point"

Do you have a link or something to this 1:1 series?

p!nK

dirk379 01-05-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrpink (Post 993270)
I was thinking the same thing. Just wasn't sure if you west coasters did things different. i have been to many events locally and never heard of a "Dig Point"

Do you have a link or something to this 1:1 series?

p!nK

Maybe i misunderstood the information.

EDIT- Nevermind, i re-read the rules and dont know where i read it. Sorry for the wrong info presented.

crawls2thewalls 01-05-2008 02:05 PM

NO, why should the deep wallets be punished..

don't be jealous!!

RocJoc 01-05-2008 02:14 PM

i voted yes, because it is unfair to the guys & gals that dont have it, i wish they would have a 2.2 class that is 4wd with front steering and thats it, and then a 2.2 unlimited class that you can run a dig,winch,front and rear steering, cutting brakes or what ever you can think up that is used in the 1.1 comps. i have a buggy with front and rear steer, one with a dig and sw2 with just front steering only i personally would take a rear steer over any of them but thats me......just my 2 cents

TLTCrawlin 01-05-2008 02:27 PM

True RocJoc, thats why us w/o dig will become better drivers then if we did get dig we would beat the guys with dig!

HndsWthtShdws 01-05-2008 02:49 PM

The way I see it dig is part of the rig; just like shocks, links, and wheels. Pointing it would be like giving points for articulation in my eyes.

LumTheMad 01-05-2008 02:57 PM

I voted yes because 4ws should be able to be used just like 1:1 buggys. I still don't get why there is no 4ws in some classes. 1:1 seem to have it alot more than just dig. If I was building a buggy, dig would be built in as an option but 4ws would be my first choice.

PS- Some of you really need to get a star.

joemomma95 01-05-2008 03:19 PM

I voted NO and I don't have dig. It's been allowed since I've been into cralwing and I've never had it(yet). I think I do ok without it, I think the one guy with dig that I run with does ok. There's always an advantage to having it, but I don't think I'm at a disadvantage right now for not having it(I'm sure it could help in certain situations, anything can help my driving:-P)....besides, if I wanted to have dig then it's my option to have it. No one is requiring anyone to run dig or not run it and everything seems to be staying pretty fair in our crawling group.

DARKHORSE 01-05-2008 03:25 PM

I voted NO. Besides, Do you know how much of a pain it would be just to set up another class for 2.2 unlimited.> If you like having unlimited everything, Get a Super....

What next, A limited super.. Um dont think so..

And besides dig is cooler than 4ws...

Dont hate the player, Hate the game

RocJoc 01-05-2008 03:45 PM

no i dont see it being that hard to set up another class, it would be a unlimited class so you can run what ever you want and you wouldnt get any points for useing your dig, rear steer, winch or what ever, you can use the same scoring as the 2.2 class. what i dont understand is why you run a dig in 2.2 class but not rear steer, if you allow one then they should both be allowed. but we should have two classes to even things up.

Scattman 01-05-2008 03:50 PM

NO.....Player Hater

DUDE 01-05-2008 03:59 PM

I voted no because I can. :flipoff:

dirk379 01-05-2008 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocJoc (Post 993392)
no i dont see it being that hard to set up another class, it would be a unlimited class so you can run what ever you want and you wouldnt get any points for useing your dig, rear steer, winch or what ever, you can use the same scoring as the 2.2 class. what i dont understand is why you run a dig in 2.2 class but not rear steer, if you allow one then they should both be allowed. but we should have two classes to even things up.

nailed it.

I was hoping there were more guys like this than just local.

"dont hate the player hate the game"? Thats not the point. I've built a dig, it's not that i dont run one and dont know how to build one.

Norcal crawler 01-05-2008 04:18 PM

I voted No because when you are competing you use any advantage you can get to win. DIG is just another advantage. Like some people use tubers and some don't. One thing tubers have is more clearance than a regular chassis with a body. Does that mean that the guys running tubers should be penalized because they have an advantage? No. And i dont have DIG, but i learn to work without it and do just fine.

About the new class, have you ever been to a comp with 2.2s and supers? There isnt any time to run any other classes. Thats like saying supers should have a class for 17" wb, 18"wb, 19"wb... because the 18"wb supers might have an advantage over the 17"wb or the other way around.

Zardoz 01-05-2008 04:49 PM

I voted yes because using dig, IMHO, is no different then going in reverse or 4WS. The point is to get better position on, or going into, an obstacle. If dig is allowed then 4WS should be allowed and reverse should not be pointed. Reverse, dig and 4ws all require an action to be taken on the tx seperate then going forward.

TwistedCreations 01-05-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norcal crawler (Post 993428)
One thing tubers have is more clearance than a regular chassis with a body.

I beg to differ on that one :lol: