Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Colorado

Notices

Thread: Comp at Finish Line Saturday Sept 11

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
EXW
Pebble Pounder

Default Comp at Finish Line Saturday Sept 11

I spoke with Dan last week about my running a comp at Finish Line this Saturday (Sept. 11). That way those of us not going to Nationals can get some crawling in.

Right now the plan is to start at 10:30am. I'll be there at 10:00 to set courses. So far there are two of us judging (James and myself) but more would be better so let me know if you are interested.

3 or 4 courses and a final. Nothing serious, just a fun day of crawling.

So, please post up if you are interested, that way I'll know if there is enough interest. It would be great to get some of the folks that don't normally make it to Dan's to come out and crawl (you know who you are )

Also, James and I have talked about running a Saturday series at Finish Line. It would work around whatever schedule Hobby Town settles into once the rocks are moved. So, if you have interest in that, please post up also.
EXW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I'm in and i'll be there early also to help set up

Sat. series sounds good to me! I can't get enough of this crawling stuff

If y'all post up your thoughts, i've considered just having Wednesdays as the fun comp days and if y'all want we could do the series on Saturdays instead of every other Wed. or Fridays.

Speak up people.
James003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I say stick to the WED night comps and series...work out the details...cuz we already have comps Friday and Saturday. A midweek comp allows people a chance to comp that maybe cant do the weekend.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
I say stick to the WED night comps and series...work out the details...cuz we already have comps Friday and Saturday. A midweek comp allows people a chance to comp that maybe cant do the weekend.
ya, ur right. Wednesday it is for sure....no more indecisions
Old 09-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

I will be there let me know if u need any help.
bigj00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:41 AM   #6
EXW
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Wednesday night comps are great and I'm glad they will continue. However, there are a lot of us that can't make the Wed comps.

Right now, we don't know when the HTW Sat series will pick back up (hopefully soon) and even still, there should be room for comps on the alternate Saturdays.

For right now, everything is set for this Saturday and we will go from there.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Ethan,,,I didnt mean to not do the Sat comps I just meant to keep the Wed night comps....gives more opportunities to every one.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:43 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXW View Post
Wednesday night comps are great and I'm glad they will continue. However, there are a lot of us that can't make the Wed comps.

Right now, we don't know when the HTW Sat series will pick back up (hopefully soon) and even still, there should be room for comps on the alternate Saturdays.

For right now, everything is set for this Saturday and we will go from there.
Quote:
Ethan,,,I didnt mean to not do the Sat comps I just meant to keep the Wed night comps....gives more opportunities to every one.
my fault guys, i kinda hi-jacked this thread. sorry for any confusion, i was still trying to make my mind up about my series at finishline.

cya all on saturday and sorry Ethan
Old 09-09-2010, 07:45 AM   #9
EXW
Pebble Pounder

No worries.

There is room for a Wed, Fri, and alternating Sat comps since not everyone can make all of them.

James and I talked about running the Finish Line Saturday series together which is where the confusion over Wed came in. It looks like he will just get stuck working on both.

We are still on for this Saturday as a stand alone comp. If you haven't been to Finish Line in a few weeks, it is worth coming out, the rocks have been rearranged and the new setup is a lot of fun.

Feel free to post in this thread so I can gauge interest.

Thanks
Old 09-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

im working fri and sat guys......have fun
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:43 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

After wednesday night comp I need all the practice I can get so I should be there! A buddy is trying to get his together for saturday too so it may 2 of us newbies!
73bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I hopefully will be there...
dingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:23 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I should be there Ethan
Old 09-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

We will be there!
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:56 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex View Post
We will be there!
sweet, about time you started showing up again
Old 09-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #16
EXW
Pebble Pounder

Cool, looks like a good turn out.

We will be sure to have sportsman courses.

I'm also thinking about a 4th bonus course that will either be a lot of fun or extremely stupid.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

If you need another judge I can help!
BigTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Thanks to all for coming out and comping today. I had a great time.

I thought the courses were good....except my outdoor one that got dug out.....i'm learning the tricks of course design as I go

Big thanks to Finishline RC for providing us with an awesome place to play. It looked like the puller guys were having a good time on the new outdoor course also

Finally big thanks to Ethan(EXW) for putting this together. I love the idea of Saturday crawls when other comps aren't happening. I can't get enough of this hobby. Also I really enjoyed the bonus crawl game. I think that was a unique and fun twist which to me always helps to make things fun and interesting. I think we should try to have something like this at all these Sat. comps.
So golf clap to Ethan for being creative

Last but not least, I wanna thank the new drivers, I hope you had a good time today. Thanks for again hanging in there on some tough lines. We are learning the rocks and the lines and it's only gonna get better and more fun.

Enough talking.........

Here's the good stuff

Name:  Sat 9-11 comp.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  89.9 KB

I made a mistake on RMDesignworks score that I just found while double checking the sheets. He got a 36 on course 1, I judged him on that and didn't mark down the progress and missed it when I added his total. It basically puts him in a tie with Rockassasin and they tied on course 4 but he was better on course 3. So either way my mistake and just wanted to point it out. sorry Tom.

Last edited by James003; 09-12-2010 at 12:21 AM. Reason: score error
Old 09-12-2010, 02:19 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

No biggie James thanks for the fix
Old 09-12-2010, 06:34 AM   #20
EXW
Pebble Pounder

Thanks to everyone that came out for the comp and a big thanks to all that helped judge and set courses.

James, I really appreciate you offering to post the scores, the template you have is great.

Also, thanks Dan for letting us have the run of Finish Line RC for the day.

Based on how much fun this comp was I will talk to Dan about a Saturday series and make sure it works around any existing Saturday comps. Also, a few of us were talking yesterday and came to the conclusion that if we can arrange the rock so there are more doable lines to climb from the carpet, it would help a lot so I'll bring that up to Dan and see what we can do.

Lastly, way to go everyone on Crawler Poker. On the runs I watched, I had no idea what lines / hands people were going for until they were doing it. It seems that everyone saw something different and went with their own run instead of following others. I think that made it a lot of fun.