RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Colorado (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/colorado/)
-   -   RC4WD Presents The Colorado Scale Series (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/colorado/357963-rc4wd-presents-colorado-scale-series.html)

TURTLE 01-05-2012 04:17 PM

RC4WD Presents The Colorado Scale Series

Thats right it is that time to kick off The Colorado Scale Series (CSS).

We will be running one event a month from January to May. We will be using the best natural locations in the state, so get ready because here it comes!

We will be using the new SORCCA rules for every event.

All vehicles must fall into SORCCA technical guidelines for classes 1, 2 and 3. If your vehicle is not legal by SORCCA guidelines it will not be legal for these events. If you have a question about the legality of your crawler please let RPMJ, 666 or myself know.

Scale points
All vehicles must be teched by yourself prior to the start of an event. Your scale points total will be told to 666, RPMJ or myself morning at the event at Tech. If anyone wishes to dispute your scale points it must be done before the start of courses at tech inspection in the morning. If you do not tally your own scale points before the start of the event you will receive a zero for the day. Scale points however have nothing to do with vehicle legality, just the bonus points you will receive for the scale details of each crawler you enter. Vehicles will be teched at the beginning of the day for class legality.

Rules, Class Structor and Course formatting
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/scale...ale-rules.html

Event types
We will be using SORCCA rock crawling course rules for some events.
We will also be using the Colorado formatted Rally style courses at some events (based on location).
-CRS formatting is composed of 3-5 long courses based on time alone. Drivers will start 10 seconds apart and will have to cleanly advance each set of gates (I.E. not allowed to touch the gate marker). If the gate is touched with any part of the vehicle the vehicle must go through the gate again until progressed cleanly. There are no penalties while on course, reverses, winching, rollovers, etc. are free. If a vehicle tumbles down a hill it must stop under its own power (I.E. no hand of god). If a "Hand of God" is required it will be penalized with a DNF. Repairs of vehicles and battery changes on course are allowed, but time will not stop for any reason.

Classes
We will run Class 1, Class 2 and Class 3 scale rigs.
Class 1 and Class 2 crawlers will use the same courses, while class 3 crawlers will have separate courses.

Dates

January 29th Daniels Park

February 26th Red Rocks

March 25th Coal Creek

April 21st Buffalo Creek

May 27th Rescheduled to June 24th

The first event will start at 10am courses will be built starting at 9am and tech inspection will be at 9:30am. We will also need volunteers for judging at every event.

If anyone has any questions please ask, however we are not here to debate the rules, classes or anything SORCCA has done.

We are looking forward to a great season!"thumbsup"

C*H*U*D 01-05-2012 05:16 PM

Re: RC4WD Presents The Colorado Scale Series

Nice!

Has min/max scale points been decided yet?

ROCKEDUP RICKY 01-05-2012 06:14 PM

On the CRS, how is the scale points mixed in with the time.

C*H*U*D 01-05-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY (Post 3487958)
On the CRS, how is the scale points mixed in with the time.

Normally it's been 1 second off per point, and usually applied at the end of the day. I think it should be per course, but that's just me.

boosted4lyf 01-05-2012 07:16 PM

dammit! Halliburton needs to hurry up and move me out there you guys have all the fun, ill be there by july but that isnt fast enough

TURTLE 01-05-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C*H*U*D (Post 3487868)
Nice!

Has min/max scale points been decided yet?

It is currently open to negations. Personally I don't see the need to have a minimum or maximum. Rodney thinks it should be 20 and 50 (I think) and Patrick thinks it should be 10 and no max. A stock Honcho and Wraith are around 10, can't really make them less scale and still be legal, can make them more scale, but it is just by bolting junk on them. On the max side, the more you have the worse the rig does, so really it does not bother me to see Guido with 50 scale points with his performance somewhat effected by his killer appearance.

You guys are welcome to throw some numbers out and why and we can talk about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C*H*U*D (Post 3488054)
Normally it's been 1 second off per point, and usually applied at the end of the day. I think it should be per course, but that's just me.

Yep that is how we normally do it. Again we can talk about it. But normally guys are so close together in the finishes that every little point counts at the end. I like the fact that drivers are sometimes only a couple seconds apart rather then 10 or 20. The real point of the CRS is to let drivers shine, smart drivers who know where to shed time and not rely on scale points to get them a win.

ROCKEDUP RICKY 01-05-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C*H*U*D (Post 3488054)

Either way I like it. "thumbsup" How is it judged?

C*H*U*D 01-05-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY (Post 3488115)
Either way I like it. How is it judged?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURTLE (Post 3487783)
-CRS formatting is composed of 3-5 long courses based on time alone. Drivers will start 10 seconds apart and will have to cleanly advance each set of gates (I.E. not allowed to touch the gate marker). If the gate is touched with any part of the vehicle the vehicle must go through the gate again until progressed cleanly. There are no penalties while on course, reverses, winching, rollovers, etc. are free. If a vehicle tumbles down a hill it must stop under its own power (I.E. no hand of god). If a "Hand of God" is required it will be penalized with a DNF. Repairs of vehicles and battery changes on course are allowed, but time will not stop for any reason.

They call it CRS, but I prefer "TyRod Rules" :ror:.... First time I saw this was at Rocas last year, and it was a blast. It's probably the most fun way to run scalers, but I'm glad that we will also be running strict SORCCA rules too.

C*H*U*D 01-05-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURTLE (Post 3488106)
Personally I don't see the need to have a minimum or maximum. Rodney thinks it should be 20 and 50 (I think) and Patrick thinks it should be 10 and no max. A stock Honcho and Wraith are around 10, can't really make them less scale and still be legal, can make them more scale, but it is just by bolting junk on them. On the max side, the more you have the worse the rig does, so really it does not bother me to see Guido with 50 scale points with his performance somewhat effected by his killer appearance.

Let Guido Shine!!!

I'd hate to see the box stock guys turned away, so 10 min is good for me. 50 or no max also works...let's see what people show up with "thumbsup"

I'm sure you three will figure it out. I'd just like to know how much more work to do.

C*H*U*D 01-05-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURTLE (Post 3488106)
Yep that is how we normally do it. Again we can talk about it. But normally guys are so close together in the finishes that every little point counts at the end. I like the fact that drivers are sometimes only a couple seconds apart rather then 10 or 20. The real point of the CRS is to let drivers shine, smart drivers who know where to shed time and not rely on scale points to get them a win.

The only reason I like a "per course" application is if more courses are added as a spur of the moment idea. Kind of like Mini-Moab where two more courses were added, effectively cutting scale points in half. If it was a per course deal, then the number of courses don't matter. Just a thought.

The Crawl Space 01-06-2012 12:22 AM

Looking forward to the series "thumbsup"

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help

flapjack 01-07-2012 03:10 PM

just gotta finish the cosmetics on the ogre and it will be ready...cant wait

Draggermirage 01-07-2012 04:17 PM

Woohoo! Finally another scale series.

I'm in.

Marcus

sids90xj 01-07-2012 06:41 PM

Were us tge evebt giubg ti be hekd

TURTLE 01-07-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sids90xj (Post 3491500)
Were us tge evebt giubg ti be hekd

Where is the event going to be held?:shock:

Is that what that gibberish says?

sids90xj 01-07-2012 07:34 PM

Turtle yes was half awake when i was typing

TURTLE 01-07-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sids90xj (Post 3491610)
Turtle yes was half awake when i was typing

:lmao:

Its alright I understand.

The location is... Nah I can't say yet.:mrgreen: But I will say it is about 20 minutes from Denver. In what direction I can't say though.:ror:

gdhknives 01-08-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURTLE (Post 3487783)
We will be using the best natural locations in the state

Feel free to travel West.

TURTLE 01-08-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gdhknives (Post 3492055)
Feel free to travel West.

Come pick me up!

gdhknives 01-08-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TURTLE (Post 3492215)
Come pick me up!

Where was my ride last March.:ror: I could probably come get you, but Greyhound may have to provide the return service.