RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Comments, Suggestions, and Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/)
-   -   for who it may concern (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/comments-suggestions-help/122180-who-may-concern.html)

lizard017 06-05-2008 12:40 AM

for who it may concern

well ive thought about this for a while, the main board, this is just a sugjestion, but could use a main thread for 6x6 and 8x8 as a thread, and maybe even one just for tubers, all sizes, like i said just aa thought, didnt really didnt know who to message anyway, but got to make like a rock and crawl

Speedyboy 06-05-2008 12:43 AM

I like the idea of a tuber section, just throw some tuber pic galleries in there, a how to thread, and a tuber buyer's guide. and you got a start.
If I remember right some of these threads already exist they would just need to be cleaned up and moved.
I like the idea

701 Technique 06-05-2008 02:00 AM

I agree a section for 6x6 and above would be pretty cool:lol:

I think a section for comp specific crawlers would work better than a tuber specific section, just because tubers can be either comp rigs or scale. just a thought:roll:

Harley 06-05-2008 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 701 Technique (Post 1214804)
I agree a section for 6x6 and above would be pretty cool:lol:

I think a section for comp specific crawlers would work better than a tuber specific section, just because tubers can be either comp rigs or scale. just a thought:roll:

This should have been posted in comments and suggestions.

This has been posted a number of times before (maybe not the 6x6 and 8x8). There are probably a couple dozen 6x6 or 8x8 on this board, that would pretty much be a waste of a section. Those rigs should just be placed in the sections in which the axles they are using came from. That way if people want to find more info on building a rig they can just search.

Examples:
I want to see some 6x6's
- Search "6x6"

I have a ton of TLT axles, I wonder how I could build a 6x6
-Go to TLT Section
-Click search this forum and type "6x6"

Rinse and repeat.........."thumbsup"

Tubers are a different. There are tons of good tutorials on how to build them, and tons of examples under each section. If you search "tuber" you will read until your eyes bleed. The biggest thing with a tuber is setting up your suspension properly and that has a lot to do with your axle choice. There you are right back at how the sections are currently devided.

toyofast 06-05-2008 12:52 PM

I want a section of RCC for just boobies.

701 Technique 06-05-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 1215234)
This should have been posted in comments and suggestions.

This has been posted a number of times before (maybe not the 6x6 and 8x8). There are probably a couple dozen 6x6 or 8x8 on this board, that would pretty much be a waste of a section. Those rigs should just be placed in the sections in which the axles they are using came from. That way if people want to find more info on building a rig they can just search.

Examples:
I want to see some 6x6's
- Search "6x6"

I have a ton of TLT axles, I wonder how I could build a 6x6
-Go to TLT Section
-Click search this forum and type "6x6"

Rinse and repeat.........."thumbsup"

Tubers are a different. There are tons of good tutorials on how to build them, and tons of examples under each section. If you search "tuber" you will read until your eyes bleed. The biggest thing with a tuber is setting up your suspension properly and that has a lot to do with your axle choice. There you are right back at how the sections are currently devided.

you make some good points, I'm pretty new to the site and I can see this has already been thought about extensively. I think a picture archive just for 6x6 and above would be cool, and everyone could add a link to their builds.

as far as the comp rigs section, I am building a comp rig right now and when I posted some pics I put them in the 2.2 section, I now realize I probably should have put them in the axial section considering my axles and tranny are axial.

I do however think that there is enough builds of comp rigs to add a section specifically for them, regardless of what axles they are using.8)

Etype R 06-05-2008 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toyofast (Post 1215280)
I want a section of RCC for just boobies.

Man boobies? :shock:

Harley 06-05-2008 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 701 Technique (Post 1215303)
I do however think that there is enough builds of comp rigs to add a section specifically for them, regardless of what axles they are using.8)

A comp rig is a very vauge term. The point of building and tuning rigs in the matter we do is to gain maximum performance. "Comp rigs" have rules and guildlines they must fall into but even those who aren't building "comp rigs" usually build by the same general guildlines.

The only thing I can think of that wouldn't fall within that would be trail rigs (not quite scale but also not very capable). As the addage goes "if you give a mouse a cookie......."

I think we have enough sections and everything is well divided. The best addition I have seen was the regions and state by state, that was an amazing improvement.

701 Technique 06-05-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 1215319)
A comp rig is a very vauge term. The point of building and tuning rigs in the matter we do is to gain maximum performance. "Comp rigs" have rules and guildlines they must fall into but even those who aren't building "comp rigs" usually build by the same general guildlines.

The only thing I can think of that wouldn't fall within that would be trail rigs (not quite scale but also not very capable). As the addage goes "if you give a mouse a cookie......."

I think we have enough sections and everything is well divided. The best addition I have seen was the regions and state by state, that was an amazing improvement.

I agree that everything on this site is well divided, and the North Dakota section has helped all of us in ND find each other and organize our summer series comps, which has worked out for us amazingly.

I'm not saying that anything on this site SHOULD be changed, I'm basically just thinking out loud, or through my keyboard I suppose:roll:

toyofast 06-06-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etype R (Post 1215304)

Both are good. I like them nice and firm, not too firm, but firm. None of that jell-o like action but not too fake either.

lizard017 06-06-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etype R (Post 1215304)

dude, you gotta be gay to even think that, WTF were you thinking, he!! well unless your a chick, lol

run2jeepn 06-07-2008 06:01 AM

Post Post for the Man Boobies Gallery...
http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...4-03_10750.jpg

lizard017 06-07-2008 11:21 PM

dam man thats just wrong