Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: 2.2 Scaler wheel weights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 06:38 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 2.2 Scaler wheel weights?

Ok, so im still a noob. Ive looked at 4 different sets of rules on 2 diff sites and i cant find anything. What are the rules for Scaler wheel weights? I thought i read somewhere about 12oz total weight but i cant find anything now. Yes i used the search.

Thanks
chris4207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2008, 07:16 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

There are no rules. Use what works.

BTW, you might get more views if you put this thread in one of the scale sections of this board.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:24 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thanks, I guess i had a brain fart, I just saw the "help" and started typing.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Theres nothing said under 1.9 class rules. 2.4 - Class 3 – Class 1.9: If a Class 3 vehicle violates any of the following requirements it must run in Class 2 or Class 1 respectively.
• 2.4.1 - Vehicle wheelbase is limited to a maximum of 8.5 inches. This is determined by measuring from centerline of front axle stub to centerline of rear axle stub, with all the wheels pointing straight ahead, with the vehicles suspension holding it's own weight.
• 2.4.2 - Vehicle track width is limited to a maximum of 8 inches. This is determined by measuring the bottom of the outer most edge of the front and rear tires while the vehicle is sitting on level ground.
• 2.4.3 - Vehicle is limited to 1.9 inch wheels/rims or smaller at the bead surface. Wheels may be modified provided that the tire bead surface does not exceed 1.9 inches in diameter. Tires may be modified from other sized tires using only a pliable rubber but must not exceed a total uncompressed outer diameter of 4.25 inches.
• 2.4.4 - Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering on front axle only.
• 2.4.5 - Vehicles are limited to the use of 2 channels radio control (one for steering & one for throttle) only. Neither channel can be used to perform more than one function. Radio systems with more than 2 channels are allowed but only 2 channels can be used to control the vehicle.
• 2.4.6 - Vehicles are limited to 1 ESC & 1 servo only.
• 2.4.7 - Vehicles are limited to 1 motor powering both of the axles.
• 2.4.8 – No driver controlled devices, other than steering and throttle control, will be allowed. Independent throttle control to the front or rear axles (“burn” or “dig”), winching down the axles, and forced articulation are not allowed in this class.
• 2.4.9 – A battery is limited to 8.4 nominal voltage (7 cell nimh/nicd & 2 cell lipo/limoly).
• 2.4.10 – 1.9 Crawler class bodiless overall dimension of the complete chassis must be at least 6.75" overall length, 2.5" overall width, and 3.25" overall height.
• 2.4.11 - If at any point during a run your vehicle falls out of these vehicle specs for any reason you will be required to take a touch penalty and correct the problem.
clayton78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:18 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I think he was looking for a "general rule of thumb" as to what wheel weight works well on 2.2 scale vehicles.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
MODERHATER™

Here is a quote of the rules for the Montana scale comps:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger View Post
Classes:
(* The goal of these classes is to have a scale looking rig.)

The 1.9 scale class will be limited to all 1.9" rim sized rigs.

- This class is for the typical street legal rigs, that you run off road.
- You may cut down and modify a 2.2 tire to fit a 1.9 rim.
- All OEM 1.9" tires are legal, any modified tire can be no larger than 4.4"
- Track width can be NO more than 9.5" in the 1.9 class
- Flywheels brand wheels and tires and 1/18 scale Nylint brand wheels and tires will be allowed.
- You must run a complete body, including bumpers, fenders, doors & tailgates. Some fender trimming is allowed but the basic shape must be retained.
- A shortened or lengthened body is allowable. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds).
- No 4 wheel steer or rear steer at all! if you have more than 2 axles, the FRONT axles are the ONLY ones that can steer.
- No " DIG " of any kind is allowed.
- Wheelbase is limited only by your body, and must fit in your fender wells.
- Vehicle must have a frame-railed chassis. Tubed frame rails are ok.
- Vehicle wheelbase needs to fit within the fender walls of the body.
- Vehicle battery must be mounted on the chassis. You cannot mount the battery above the steering servo/axle/upper links. The goal is to place the battery where it is not visible for a more scale appearance.
- Vehicle must run a full approved body. Fenders may be cut, but it must resemble a 1:1 rig you'd see on the street. "Iffy" Vehicles must be approved by the other MTRCRC members.
- You may add weight to your wheels, but you are only allowed a maximum of 12 TOTAL oz's. You can put it in whichever wheels you want, but 12 oz is the total.

The 2.2 scale class will be limited to 2.2" rim sized rigs.

- This class is for the typical trail rigs, that you have modified quite a bit for off road.
- All 2.2" OEM tires are legal, any modified tire may only be 5.2" tall
- Track width can be NO more than 10.5" in the 2.2 class
- You must run a complete body, bumpers, including fenders, doors & tailgates. Some fender trimming is allowed but the basic shape must be retained.
- A shortened or lengthened body is allowable. A tubed bed must have a functional bed area capable of carrying a full-size spare laid flat (rear fender and tailgate rules to not apply to tubed beds).
- No 4 wheel steer or rear steer at all! if you have more than 2 axles, the FRONT axles are the ONLY ones that can steer.
- No " DIG " of any kind is allowed.
- Wheelbase is limited only by your body, and must fit in your fender wells.
- Vehicle must have a frame-railed chassis. Tubed frame rails are ok.
- Vehicle wheelbase needs to fit within the fender walls of the body.
- Vehicle battery must be mounted on the chassis. You cannot mount the battery above the steering servo/axle/upper links. The goal is to place the battery where it is not visible for a more scale appearance.
- Vehicle must run a full approved body. Fenders may be cut, but it must resemble a 1:1 rig you'd see on the street. "Iffy" Vehicles must be approved by the other MTRCRC members.
- You may add weight to your wheels, but you are only allowed a maximum of 12 TOTAL oz's. You can put it in whichever wheels you want, but 12 oz is the total.

BOTH CLASSES, NO COMP OR TVP CHASSIS, PERIOD, THIS IS SCALE GUYS.

Suggested accessories:

- Winches
- Headlights & tail lights
- Sand ladders, Jerry cans, snorkel,
- Spare tires
- Tools, including shovels, Tamiya wrench, axe,
- Tow strap
- Snatch block
- Realistic Bumpers
- Roof racks

There will points deducted for these scale items, these will happen at tech inspection and be deducted from your final TOTAL score at the end of the day.

1. Hard body -5
2. Leaf sprung, 1 axle -2, both axles -5
3. Trailer " must be towed during entire comp " -5
4. Cooler, sleeping bags , tent, camping gear -1
5. Shovel , axe, hi-lift jack, tools, tamiya wrench, pick, jerry can -1
6. Spare tire, looks only -1
7. Spare tire" functional " -3
8. Winch for looks only -1
9. Winch functional - 3
10. Led's of any kind, must be functional during comp -2
11. Tow strap, d-rings, snatch block -1
12. Bumpers, front -1 , rear -1, both -3
13. Tube frame, exo cage, tube bed, must be made of METAL -3
14. Roof rack, ladder rack, headache rack, must be made of metal -2
15. Boat or canoe, must be removable -3
16. Realistic interior -2
17. Un-modded OEM tires -3
18. Chassis mounted steering servo -5

" Max deduct points per rig is 25 "

Reverse +1
Gate +5
Reposition +10
Rollover +5
Touch +5
Winch +5 or + 3 , see below.
DNF highest score +20
DNS highest score +50

Timed course scores:

1st place lowest time -10
2. -9
3. -8
4. -7
5. -6
6. -5
7. -4
8. -3
9. -2
10. -1
11th on, nothing.

Winching:

- if you use YOUR winch on YOUR truck, +3 and 10 seconds onto your score
- if someone winches you or tow straps you " buddy course" , they get a -1 and you get +5 and 10 seconds added to your score.

Scale 4X4 Rules, printable version:
http://www.j2drc.rchomepage.com/SC4x4Rules.pdf

Thanks to JIA, scale4x4 and Badger for some of the content in these rules
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:33 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Thanks guys, I was tring to find out if it was legal to run wheels weight in the scaler class. Not how much worked well. After looking all morning I have found that all clubs are different some say No weight and some say 12oz total.

Thanks 666, I knew i read it somewhere But for the life of me i couldn't find it. I just thought there was a national rule.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:44 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4207 View Post
Thanks guys, I was tring to find out if it was legal to run wheels weight in the scaler class. Not how much worked well.
Ahh......sorry about that. I read your question incorrectly....