Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Is something wrong with this forum?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2023, 05:59 AM   #1

Default Is something wrong with this forum?

Im seeing multiple people in other forums saying that they cant register or access this website anymore. They are also saying that emails asking for help are not generating any responses. I can still get in, but Im not a very active member here, so I was hoping someone could give me some info to pass on to these people that are having the issues.
Greywolf74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2023, 08:33 AM   #2

Default Re: Is something wrong with this forum?

Yes. People aren't getting the activation emails so @1BadJeepBruiser needs to activate the accounts. This is out of our (the moderators) control.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 10:38 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Yes. People aren't getting the activation emails so @1BadJeepBruiser needs to activate the accounts. This is out of our (the moderators) control.
Jato, ive also found, i cant access it thru the website. Only way im able to do anything is thru tapatalk. When id try to go to the website, it would give me a message about sitr not available. Ive just been using tapatalk, so it may work now, idk havent checked it in awhile

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 10:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Jato, ive also found, i cant access it thru the website. Only way im able to do anything is thru tapatalk. When id try to go to the website, it would give me a message about sitr not available. Ive just been using tapatalk, so it may work now, idk havent checked it in awhile

No idea what sitr is, but that's unfortunate. The site works for me on PC, mobile and Tapatalk.
Old 12-15-2023, 03:29 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Ill be, the site works now
Old 12-15-2023, 05:21 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Yep, no issues here.
Sniper4370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 09:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper4370 View Post
Yep, no issues here.
Good to hear!
Old 12-18-2023, 11:06 AM   #8
Go Buckeyes!

I too (knock on wood) have no issues with website or Tapatalk. The minor issue I did have a few weeks ago when my star disappeared, Mike jumped right on it and fixed the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 06:58 PM   #9
RCC Addict

If it werent for mike, its hard tellin where this place would be. He does more than any of us know, im sure. Ive noticed theres a few mods that ive not seen on here in awhile. Its great to see jato made his way back!

Old 12-19-2023, 02:26 PM   #10

Thanks for the responses, but how is someone supposed to reach a mod to get their account activated since they don't have an account to log in to?

Also, I get the impression that the forum owner isnt at the helm and its just a couple of mods keeping the forum afloat. Is that true?

Last edited by Greywolf74; 12-19-2023 at 02:28 PM.
Greywolf74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 04:28 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf74 View Post
Also, I get the impression that the forum owner isnt at the helm and its just a couple of mods keeping the forum afloat. Is that true?
I've wondered this for a while - does the owner even want to keep the forum going any more? I wonder if there would be any interest in some kind of take over by members who might be open to it.
OutLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 05:18 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Thats what i understand. The owners have nothin to do with keepin it goin, at this point ,its just revenue in thier pocket. Its been mentioned about sellin it, but again, my understanding is they wont sell. So the mods do wat they can, with the access theyve been givin. Its sad, theyve left us to the wolves, to fend for ourselves. It would be nice to see someone be able to buy the rights to rcc n bring this place back to life again

Old 12-20-2023, 06:40 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf74 View Post
Thanks for the responses, but how is someone supposed to reach a mod to get their account activated since they don't have an account to log in to?

I get PMs from people that have not received their activation email. I forward this to Mike to handle as I do not have the required permissions to help.
Old 12-20-2023, 11:59 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

There is another answer... RCCrawlerNation is born.. if the current owners have no interest in the forum, it's unlikely they would see a membership recruitment to a new forum.

A similar thing happened a few years back with a firearms forum I'm part of, the original forum was sold to a Canadian company, who had no interest in the subject matter and it basically died, about 50% of the active members moved to a new forum started and owned by the members immediately and the lesser active members moved over the next few months.

Worth thinking about.
OutLore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 12:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutLore View Post
There is another answer... RCCrawlerNation is born.. if the current owners have no interest in the forum, it's unlikely they would see a membership recruitment to a new forum.

A similar thing happened a few years back with a firearms forum I'm part of, the original forum was sold to a Canadian company, who had no interest in the subject matter and it basically died, about 50% of the active members moved to a new forum started and owned by the members immediately and the lesser active members moved over the next few months.

Worth thinking about.
Well that movement would stomped out here immediately.

And forums are dead so it is not likely that you could start a new site and gain a respectable number of active users nor would there be any legacy information.
Old 12-20-2023, 06:50 PM   #16
RCC Addict

I know I’m not as active here as I use to be. I still stop through a couple times a week. Having 3 kids and working 6 days a week has taken any time I’ve even thought to mess with RC stuff. Have been playing with a drift car and my senton a little bit. The crawlers don’t keep the little man’s(2yr old) attention for very long.

I will not leave this forum until this forum leaves us. This is where my RC seed was planted. I would be devastated if all the amazing info on here was to disappear. I hope they would give us a warning and a chance to figure out some way to keep it going.

Thanks to all the MODS keeping this place going!!! Great to see you back Jato!!!
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 06:07 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
I know I’m not as active here as I use to be. I still stop through a couple times a week. Having 3 kids and working 6 days a week has taken any time I’ve even thought to mess with RC stuff. Have been playing with a drift car and my senton a little bit. The crawlers don’t keep the little man’s(2yr old) attention for very long.

I will not leave this forum until this forum leaves us. This is where my RC seed was planted. I would be devastated if all the amazing info on here was to disappear. I hope they would give us a warning and a chance to figure out some way to keep it going.

Thanks to all the MODS keeping this place going!!! Great to see you back Jato!!!
Thank you, sir! Good to see you too!

I am pretty sure another mod tried to buy it, but was denied. It would be terrible to lose all of this legacy information.
Old 12-27-2023, 05:08 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Tried to go to the site online n heres the message it gave me before. Gotta love technology...

Is something wrong with this forum? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wrong forum... Ty3 1.9 Scale Rigs 1 01-07-2020 06:47 PM
post in wrong forum? muddeprived Comments, Suggestions, and Help 0 04-13-2009 08:07 AM
Forum Time Wrong? ky_18b Comments, Suggestions, and Help 4 03-15-2008 02:34 PM
this maybe the wrong forum to ask, but ussprinceton2004 Electronics 6 01-20-2008 03:05 PM