Whats the time schedule for the comp?
derwood21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:54 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Me and Big Bill are heading up the hill in the morning
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Great comp guys, thanks to all the judges for judging all day, that is one beautiful comp spot

Some pics from the comp and link to the rest of them.

Drivers meeting

Link http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/n...als/?start=all

Last edited by abadk9420; 09-26-2009 at 07:28 PM.
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:24 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Way to go to everyone that put this comp on. Also thanks to the judges. What a great comp to drive as my first ever. I had a blast.
CrAwLeR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:09 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

thanks parker great spot and comp. had a great time
ROCKCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:18 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Does anyone know where to look for the final results from yesterdays comp. Tried looking on reno4x4 but there gone???Thanks
Old 09-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

They are still there. Here is the link.

http://www.reno4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34453
MikeBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:28 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Thanks Mike. Well 16th not bad for my first comp
Old 09-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

MikeBerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Bprca final summer series final @ cisco grove

A better ending to an r/c rock crawling era could not have been scripted by Hollywood. I often wondered why Tinsel Town makes sooo many "based on a true story" movies and after playing a leading role in Saturday’s epic drama, I know why.

...48 hrs earlier...The sun is coming up over the beautiful Sierra Nevada Mountains and being this close to Fordyce is driving, pun intended, my 1:1 fever higher than normal, but with the Toyota still acting as yard art and currently being driven by a gnome, I am forced to take the aspirin of r/c rock crawling to quell my fever.
The location has been a dream spot ever since I first laid eyes on the river that flows so magnificently through the mountains, but actually being at the river was truly a religious experience. The area was huge. The waterfalls were swift, deafening, and just a Picasso of Mother Nature. My course gauge went in to overload and I knew that this was going to be a special day.
With the courses laid out with Axial gate markers and drivers from all over Nor-Cal and Northern Nevada, the scene was set to get this block buster started. The novices had a time with water polished rock. They found out the hard way that there was no "crawling" on this rock, skinny pedal to the metal and pin it to win, soon became everyone’s cue to "do work".
The villain of the day was course 1, gate 2. Yes, a novice gate that NO ONE, (cut! that can't be right, script check! and ACTION!), NO ONE cleaned. Driver after driver straddled the gate, gave the course designer 10 points and took what the course gave them.
The Novice class ended in a 1st place tie. We have a "crawl off". (Applause).
Novice driver Cassie J., known for her podium finish at the 2008 Axial West Coast Championships and Jeremy C.; the "C" stands for cool as a cucumber on frosty May morning. The shoot out course was just that, ohhh myyyy, is that water part of the course? No not at a BPRCA event. The back door line took the driver up a rapid and Cassie is a veteran of water. No fears and no tears, she shot the rapids like a nitro drag boat, but fell off line and killed the rig. A tough break for such a talented driver. Jeremy lined up and finished on top of the Novice Class with a stellar shoot out run.

A great job to all the Novice drivers, thank you for all the awesome memories.

(act 2: Pro's; fade to black)

DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

2.2 Pro Class

(ACTION!), The Pro Class did not disappoint movie goers. Ofcourse, how could they, with four of the top 25 Pro 2.2 drivers in the world ready to throw down and "do work". The red carpet was roled out for the premiere and as soon as the curtain rose, it was ON!
Some of the best drivers in the World went up against some of the best rock that Mother Nature has sculpted using years of rushing water. Mother Nature spanked all but the most seasoned veteran pro's. She handed the brutal reviews to those drivers that gave a less than stellar performance, but she stood up and appluaded the Oscar award winning performaces of the top 10.
And just as Hollywood was relishing in the Novice 1st place shoot out, word came down from the editing trailor that there was going to be a Pro Shoot-out for 1st and 3rd places. The entire Pro podium would be decided by shoot outs. Eat your hearts out writers, you can't dream this up, it's going down in folk lore and all you can do is grab another hand of pop corn and enjoy the ending.
Third place shoot out was a heads up battle with young pro driver Lenny T, just finishing out of the top 25 in the World, Lenny's World ranking is 29th; not too shabby for a pro who has only been driving for 3 months. This pro rookie was going up against the "Brad Pitt" of r/c rock crawling, Bryan C. Bryan is ranked 10th in the World and is the heart throb of all the r/c rock crawling groupies on the rocks. But wait. What's this? It can't be. Bryan C. can not make the start line for the shoot out course and 3rd place goes to the pro rookie, Lenny T. Congrats Lenny on a helluva driving performance. And to Bryan C's agent that dbl booked him, The fans that lined the yuba river awaiting the appearence of thier beloved r/c crawling "Troy" were near rioting, that is until they witnessed what is sure to get a driver a "Star" on the walk of fame.
Jake H., ranked 2nd in World in the 2.2 pro class, went head to head in an epic shoot out course, that was set by the CCRC Crew, against the upredictable, Axial team driver and the only driver thay you'll hear before you see, Parker. Able to re-seat strip club patron's with his voice and up root little old ladies from thier slot tourney stools, this 2.2 pro driver has ridden the rainbow,(note to director: this is not an attempt at making any broke back mountain reference) of the r/c competitor's career. From a "dead a$$ last" award to r/c superhero fag infamy, Parker was ready to take on Northern Nevada's most decorated r/c crawler; ever!
Jake H., also known as King Bling, lossed the toss and went first. His run was as predictable as a B rated horror movie. He did, out of character, recieve 11 penalty points. Is this the break that Parker needed to capture a win. Ohhhh Myyyyyyy, Parker looked like a papparazzi crotch shot of Paris Hilton; sloppy. One recovery after another, but in true Hollywood suspense, blew thru the finish line with 100ths of a second left, recieving 11 penalty points and forcing a second shoot out course.
Like every great movie, there must be a end and the start of the 2nd pro shoot out course was the curtain call for Parker. Heading to gate 2 with 31 penatly points and hitting a gate, 40'd the driver from the 'show me state" and sent him packing.
King Bling finished the course like a true champion and took the win, along with the BPRCA O.A. Championship trophy for a 6th consecutive time.

Congratulations, King Bling and to all the other 2.2 Pro drivers that have ever competed in a BPRCA series comp.

Congratulations Willy D. The first ever driver to be "bumped' from the 2.2 novice class for having 5 podium finishes in a series. He clinched the 2.2 Novice O.A. Championship and finished 7th in his BPRCA 2.2 Pro debut.

It's been fun, it's been real, hell, it's been real fun. I want to thank everyone who has ever competed, judged, volunteered, put up with my early morning course madness, and supported the BPRCA.

THE END.

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 09-28-2009 at 07:38 PM.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:07 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

So when the dust was brushed off, I mean the dust settled. Jake H ended up with the win...
WKKILLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

I think Brad had been involved in making a movie in Sac. the night before and had to go back to finish it! Looks like a great spot to comp, good job everyone Great job on the narrating.

Last edited by PEE WEE; 09-29-2009 at 12:09 PM.
PEE WEE is offline   Reply With Quote