Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Axial/MSD Scale Nats wrap up from Tim....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Axial/MSD Scale Nats wrap up from Tim....

Wow, what a weekend. I'm still recovering, literally it made me sick, and I'm suffering a little back here in Oregon. I wouldn't change a thing though, the weather on Friday sucked big time, but everyone had an amazing attitude about it.
First and foremost, I'd like to thank everyone that judged. Judging to me is the most thankless thing in this hobby, and the one thing I like to do the least.
Thanks to Friday's judges: Jim and Chad Hand, Jason Gainey and Scoot, Devlin and Glenn, and Ryan Gerrish who judged on the 4th course by himself for 9 hours, and then layed down an ass whoopin' I won't soon forget.
Thanks to Saturday's judges: Jim and Chad Hand, Jason Gainey and Glenn, Lance and Ryan, and Aaron and Scoot. It was such a relief to not have to judge all day after setting up courses....I knew things were in good hands with you guys.
I'd also like to thank everyone for cleaning things up so well, I was amazed to see all the cones, flags, ez-ups, batteries, etc. back up at the cars at the end of the day, it made things so much easier for Ben, Aaron, and I.

I'd like to thank all our sponsors, you guys know how much it means to have your support for events like this, and without you guys we couldn't pull this off.

Thanks to Ben and Aaron for all the work and time that they put into this event every year. I couldn't imagine not planning for a Montana trip now, it's just a natural part of life for me now. I'm proud to be a major part of this event every year, and I hope to be able to continue building courses that frustrate and push all of you into being better drivers.

Also thanks to my wife Ryana for being such and amazing, patient person, and for letting me leave our 3 boys with her for a week without complaint.

Lastly, I'd like to thank Axial for stepping up this year and making this the best MSD Scale Nationals so far. Having Brad Dumont there for the whole weekend was great.....it's nice to see such amazing support from a company, and I won't soon forget watching him try to hook up a snatch block for Chino on the Tank Trap course, standing ankle deep in mud yelling "I can't hook up this damn snatch block, it's too small" classic, and a classy guy.

BTW, the TTC was the most fun part of the weekend for me. Nothing like watching 10 of the best trucks and drivers fighting it out on seven different courses. It was amazing to watch how differently each truck acted on different kinds of terrain. The crowd was perfect as well, not so many as to get in the way of the media guys, but just enough that there was a little pressure to perform, and when someone did something good, there was a little roar from the crowd. Thanks to everyone that helped out on the courses, Ben for judging (He was smiling from ear-to-ear the whole time), the Hand Brothers for trying to make mud from nothing, and Aaron for doing whatever I asked of him.

I really enjoyed meeting alot of new people, and seeing old friends. I have so much more respect for all of you now after seeing the quality of the builds going on these days, what an amazing group of craftsmen you all are. Can't wait until next year. See you then, Tim.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Very well said, and thanks for your tremendous amounts of labor! We all appreciate it immensely!
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Hope you're feeling better soon Tim. It was an Epic event that would not have been the same without all the time and effort that you donated to make it happen. Thank you.
mrgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I hope you get back to normal soon Tim, you really did a great job with everything and thank you for all the driving tips over the weekend and all the unseen work from all you guys and sponsers
wyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, get some rest Tim! Thanks for everything and courses kicked butt!
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

If I know Tim, he's already thinking about next year. Me too, as in I'll be there if I have to hitch hike there.
4VRYNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

The event wouldn't be the same without your effort Tim, the TTC is the most fun I have had with a RC ever.

Hope to see you next year
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:01 PM   #8
I'm a stupid C U N T!

Tim, Thanks for the kind words.
Without you and all you do, and the rest of the judges, the guys who show up days ahead of time, and the guys who compete this event wouldn't be as great as it is. Props to all
slobin3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication to this sport.You, all the judges and guys that took the time to show up early, did a great job.Thanks so much
Craig cw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #10
PapaGriz Yo

Thanks to you and all those who busted their butt to make this event happen. Your work is greatly appreciated and resulted in an outstanding event.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:11 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

I just wanted to thank everyone for an amazing weekend! Everything was to notch and I made a ton of new friends!
Thanks, Luis Muzquiz
Moosekey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:07 AM   #12
Say hello to my dactylion

Tim = AWESOME!
PinchFlat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat View Post
Tim = AWESOME!
X2
j_dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:35 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Indeed Tim, your time, effort and labor shine thru yet again. Thanks to everyone for putting on such a great event. It was my second year attending and enjoyed it as much as the first. To all i met, you guys are crazy LOL. Hope to see you all and more next year on the rocks
Montana Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

tim
awsome job this year. sorry i wasnt as helpful with the break down but after fridays day in the rain and catching the crud. i was kinda of out of it. plus to boot tuesday after we got back i brought home alittle friend home. called a tick on the back of my head, went to the docs right away they got it out in one piece and put me on meds. cant wait to see you guys up here for the wa. vs. or. shoot out. and thanks to those that helped to make this a great event.
later
glenn
ggooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #16
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggooler View Post
tim
awsome job this year. sorry i wasnt as helpful with the break down but after fridays day in the rain and catching the crud. i was kinda of out of it. plus to boot tuesday after we got back i brought home alittle friend home. called a tick on the back of my head, went to the docs right away they got it out in one piece and put me on meds. cant wait to see you guys up here for the wa. vs. or. shoot out. and thanks to those that helped to make this a great event.
later
glenn
I heard about the ole tick thing from Dev. I probably should of brought it up to people not familiar with the territory on where is safe places to roam. I guess i always figure people know to stay away from long grassy area's and where deer lay.
Next year I will bring some spray for anyone that wants to use it. its always good to coat the bottoms of your pants and shoes to keep them bastards off ya. I work in surveying so believe me, I see them often out in North Dakota.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote