Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2nd Annual Vanquish Products Turkey Crawl, November 20th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #641
Rock Crawler

I voted for a 2 day, because the more drivers the better. But you could set a time for all course's to close that way everybody is kinda on a time limit. Say they open at 8 a.m and close at 3 p.m. Just my 2 cents.
easleycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2010, 09:11 PM   #642
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by easleycrawler View Post
But you could set a time for all course's to close that way everybody is kinda on a time limit. Say they open at 8 a.m and close at 3 p.m. Just my 2 cents.
That was just about the way it happened. I had all but 3 or 4 scores in at 3 or 3:15. As soon as the rocks were cleared, they started on the finals courses. By the time that happened, it was 4:15 or so and probably started around 4:30 (guessing).

If you watch video's or the pics from the 2.2 pro first driver to the third driver, it went from plenty of light to no light.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #643
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
That was just about the way it happened. I had all but 3 or 4 scores in at 3 or 3:15. As soon as the rocks were cleared, they started on the finals courses. By the time that happened, it was 4:15 or so and probably started around 4:30 (guessing).

If you watch video's or the pics from the 2.2 pro first driver to the third driver, it went from plenty of light to no light.

It all happened just right. There were plenty of flashlights to run. No need to change anything about this event.
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #644
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by renoirbud View Post
It all happened just right. There were plenty of flashlights to run. No need to change anything about this event.

I do appreciate that, make me feel a little better.

But I still did not like having the drivers run around in the dark. Maybe I can just push it a little more next year and get another few minutes ahead.............

I do think that keeping the courses closer together (yes that was planned ) helped keep the speed up on getting drivers on the courses.

I do want to thank all of you also for not messing around. I know that most of the day, drivers were on the courses and not standing around looking.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #645
Quarry Creeper

I voted 2 day event - but only because I don't want to limit the number of drivers. Renoirbud makes a good point, I thought it was good like it was (of course I wasn't driving after dark).

We just need 4 or 5 more of the magic "fish-lights" and all would be perfect!
rctoyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:42 PM   #646
I wanna be Dave

If I can get the trailer that I plan to, lights wont be a problem next year.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:41 AM   #647
RCC Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rctoyguy View Post
I voted 2 day event - but only because I don't want to limit the number of drivers. Renoirbud makes a good point, I thought it was good like it was (of course I wasn't driving after dark).

We just need 4 or 5 more of the magic "fish-lights" and all would be perfect!
The final scores showed that running in the dark was not a problem, even fighting the light the scores kept getting better.

Thanks Jeff for the great event.
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:41 AM   #648
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The final scores showed that running in the dark was not a problem, even fighting the light the scores kept getting better.

x2...I had no issue running in the dark...it was actually kind of cool. It definitely brought a new element of fun to the whole final.

If anything, and I know it's early and everyone is in slow motion, we could start earlier. Rene and I were there at 6:00am (by accident..forgot about time change) and there was plenty of light...we could have gotten things rolling an hour earier. That would have solved all problems if ya asked me.
TURBOFEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:27 AM   #649
I wanna be Dave

Something else that could help out on the time thing is have people check in and tech their rigs as they arrive. The driver's meeting was scheduled for 7 but didn't happen for a good while after that and then the tech process started. If everyone had been teched before the drivers meeting or at least had the opportunity that would have gotten us on the courses that much quicker.

Turbofest makes a good point too. There was plenty of daylight even earlier in the morning to start setting up so we could start building courses an hour earlier.

Don't get me wrong...I'm still amazed everything happened as well as it did (thanks JEFF). If it wasn't for being right on the time zone change and the recent daylight savings there would have been plenty of light, afterall we did finish the finals around 6 if I remember correctly.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:17 AM   #650
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOFEST View Post
x2...I had no issue running in the dark...it was actually kind of cool. It definitely brought a new element of fun to the whole final.

If anything, and I know it's early and everyone is in slow motion, we could start earlier. Rene and I were there at 6:00am (by accident..forgot about time change) and there was plenty of light...we could have gotten things rolling an hour earier. That would have solved all problems if ya asked me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
Something else that could help out on the time thing is have people check in and tech their rigs as they arrive. The driver's meeting was scheduled for 7 but didn't happen for a good while after that and then the tech process started. If everyone had been teched before the drivers meeting or at least had the opportunity that would have gotten us on the courses that much quicker.

Turbofest makes a good point too. There was plenty of daylight even earlier in the morning to start setting up so we could start building courses an hour earlier.

Don't get me wrong...I'm still amazed everything happened as well as it did (thanks JEFF). If it wasn't for being right on the time zone change and the recent daylight savings there would have been plenty of light, afterall we did finish the finals around 6 if I remember correctly.
Yeah, I did actually forget about that until Speedracer sent me a PM. We got there about an hour later than I had planned. Also, being there the night before, I could have just gotten there a little earlier and started tech on a few rigs. I do believe I am going to just stay the night next year anyway.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:31 AM   #651
Y-Town Crawlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOFEST View Post
same here. It was a tough running in the dark, but I thought it was pretty cool. I'm pretty sure I outran the lights a few times with the Pro 2.2 though
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:38 AM   #652
I wanna be Dave

One thing I learned doing ECC is to delegate every year I get better at doing it. You need to assign certain people certain jobs, and trust they will do a good job.

As far a getting done before the sunset goes....I am leaning towards instead of fighting mother nature...I am making plans to be ready for her with more and better lighting If for whatever we can't get ALL the drivers in the finals finished before it gets dark. I will just run the ENTIRE finals in the dark. That way its the same for everyone.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #653
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Monte View Post
same here. It was a tough running in the dark, but I thought it was pretty cool. I'm pretty sure I outran the lights a few times with the Pro 2.2 though
Yeah, I know you did outrun them a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
One thing I learned doing ECC is to delegate every year I get better at doing it. You need to assign certain people certain jobs, and trust they will do a good job.

As far a getting done before the sunset goes....I am leaning towards instead of fighting mother nature...I am making plans to be ready for her with more and better lighting If for whatever we can't get ALL the drivers in the finals finished before it gets dark. I will just run the ENTIRE finals in the dark. That way its the same for everyone.
Yeah, I think everything will be ok next year. As long as I get there on time (plan on camping) and get things figured out a little earlier, it will be ok.

After looking at it, I think its just me complaining.

I can say one thing for sure though, next year, the courses (finals) wont be THAT close to the edge.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #654
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I can say one thing for sure though, next year, the courses (finals) wont be THAT close to the edge.
Yeah that edge was a little hairy...but it was a nice climb and transition in that off camber section between gates 1 & 2!

I sent a copy of the results sheet to a buddy that I wheel 1:1's with and he replied back..."What happened on course 2???" I had to remind him that the lower numbers are better...
Old 11-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #655
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
I sent a copy of the results sheet to a buddy that I wheel 1:1's with and he replied back..."What happened on course 2???" I had to remind him that the lower numbers are better...
So......what happened on course 1, 3 and 4 then?
Old 11-23-2010, 02:14 PM   #656
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So......what happened on course 1, 3 and 4 then?
LRC whooped up on me
Old 11-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #657
Pebble Pounder

Jeff, this is just a few words from me and it is not meant to take away from this great event as I had a great time.

The driver's meeting was over an hour late (8:15am vs. 7:00am) so that was 1 lost hour of daylight. I asked about a cut off time (3:00pm), due to the fact seeing it got dark by 5ish on Friday and felt that would have helped. As I said in the other thread, I was finished by noon, and know several had not even run their first course by then, so a mid afternoon deadline would help.

And like Fishy said, each year the event will get better as you learn what works and what does not and having help you can depend on is important. For the last two years, I've help Fishy with the ECC and after the 2009 event, we came up with the colored score sheets as well as the packages which cut about 80% of the problems "I" experienced in 2009 versus 2010.

And in closing, I just wanted to say again this was a great event and I look forward to the one in 2011.
Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #658
I wanna be Dave

Yes, when I started worrying about next year, I had actually forgotten I was late getting there. I am going to blame it on the pregnant woman.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:02 PM   #659
"HOLLYWOOD"

You can also do like they have done at crawlapalooza they teched anyone that was there the day befor that helped the process move faster.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #660
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
You can also do like they have done at crawlapalooza they teched anyone that was there the day befor that helped the process move faster.
Quote:
Also, being there the night before, I could have just gotten there a little earlier and started tech on a few rigs.