RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Duratrax Cliff Climber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/duratrax-cliff-climber/)
-   -   Thinking on getting a Cliff? nows the time! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/duratrax-cliff-climber/184502-thinking-getting-cliff-nows-time.html)

airranger 06-18-2009 05:15 AM

Thinking on getting a Cliff? nows the time!

check this out, http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...ax/dtxd18.html

if you were thinking on getting one but not sure on the price, now it would be worth trying out, i saw this and figured id let ppl know

cheers!

T600 06-18-2009 04:31 PM

im going to get one now

2500hdon37s 06-18-2009 04:43 PM

a friend of mine has one my nearly stock axial would crawl circles around it! i wouldnt buy one

T600 06-18-2009 06:27 PM

ik there cheap and i would make a scaler

RockEd out 06-18-2009 07:39 PM

I have had mine since Christmas and haven't even taken it out of the box yet. Someday I plan to do a scale version.

airranger 06-18-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s (Post 1852166)
a friend of mine has one my nearly stock axial would crawl circles around it! i wouldnt buy one

LOL i dont want one and would never buy one but letting ppl know who might and maby for somone who wants to get into rock crawling at a cheap price.........

fixed13 06-18-2009 08:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Don't knock a cliff climber till you have one, they are fun to play around with and with a few mods they are not to bad given the price you can get one for. Wouldn't give up my AX but this is what my CC looks like, and it can hold its own out bashing, and the kids love it.

Jamus 06-18-2009 09:17 PM

Yeah, apples to oranges comparing to an ax10. They aren't in the same realm, but the CC does surprisingly well for being the underdog, "glorfied nylint".

jdawg53 06-19-2009 06:48 AM

fixed
looks good "thumbsup"

rag6 06-19-2009 07:53 AM

With a little work, they can make a pretty nice scaler, even if it is a moa:
http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/u...wlerlot028.jpg

dowtort 06-19-2009 09:12 PM

FYI that at omnimodels.com, the price is the same, but you get free shipping. there is also a $10 off $100 cupon on front page. add some stick-on lead weights to your order, which you'll want, or that hitec 645 servo, and you'll be able to take advantage of both discounts.

I got mine a month ago. I'm glad I did. I'm constantly amazed at the stuff it can do...

I'm sure axial can crawl right over it (i know, i just did yesterday with my new RTC), but guess what, axial cost me more then twice the price of CC. So who cares?

off to cut some tubing to make new longer links for my CC.

long term goal: stick radio runnig 4 channels (2 ECS's and 2 steering servos). yeah, i know. i could spend 10 times the cash and do the same with a better truck...

i think this smallish guy has the best fun to buck ratio out there at this price point, and great for anyone not sure if crawling is for them, since the investment is so small.

at it's original 200something price, i would agree that MRC or Axial would be better options, but for $110 shipped, it's like arguing that bmw is a better car then a hunday.

fixed13 06-20-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdawg53 (Post 1853149)
fixed
looks good "thumbsup"

Thanks, was a fun build, chassis and links are all home made. The only things I had to buy are the BaneBots motors and the shocks.

T600 06-20-2009 09:31 PM

for $110 who its a very good price for a bash truck and what i mean by bash truck i mean beat the livin hell out of it but you would probaly have to replace alot of parts

kanamin 06-28-2009 05:03 AM

I've been thinking about getting into crawling with this vehicle, since here in the city I can't find anywhere to run my other vehicles. On my college campus there is a creek with so many places with rocks and stuff that are just begging to be crawled over.

Would it be too much of a struggle or should I go for it? Crawling over wet rocks, that is. Would I need a tire upgrade? I mean for $50 (prebuilt) it's really really tempting, I'll probably just use 1/10 electronics since I have some.

medina619 06-29-2009 01:47 PM

im thinking about getting another CC.

cool chassis how is it wourking for you "thumbsup"

E4x4Eric 06-29-2009 05:41 PM

I got my new RTR CC last friday. I did some crawling in the back yard and for about 2hrs later the right rear tire wont turn, all i had turning was the two front tires and one left rear tire. It made some grinding sound :sad: The CC works pretty good if you bump on the trigger, if you just easup the front axle will pull and the rear just stays there, so I learned that bumping the trigger will make the rear run with the front axle. Overall its a good crawler for the money.

FlexdXJ 06-29-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E4x4Eric (Post 1869250)
I got my new RTR CC last friday. I did some crawling in the back yard and for about 2hrs later the right rear tire wont turn, all i had turning was the two front tires and one left rear tire. It made some grinding sound :sad: The CC works pretty good if you bump on the trigger, if you just easup the front axle will pull and the rear just stays there, so I learned that bumping the trigger will make the rear run with the front axle. Overall its a good crawler for the money.

Sounds like you broke something to me.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

fixed13 06-29-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E4x4Eric (Post 1869250)

I have not had this problem with mine but others on here have. Search around a little and you will most likely find the answer.

eron 06-29-2009 08:54 PM

Me, personally, have higher expectations for crawlers. But, I plan on getting one for my GF. "thumbsup"

Jamus 06-30-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eron (Post 1869597)
Me, personally, have higher expectations for crawlers. But, I plan on getting one for my GF. "thumbsup"

I think that's the problem I keep running into. If I'd never owned another crawler before, the CC would seem a lot better to me.