Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Battery questions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 10:36 AM   #1

Default Battery questions?

I am lookin in to picking up a CC but had a couple questions about the batterys, what is the purpose of 2 batts? Are the used to double the volts or the capacity for longer run times? The reason I ask is I have a lot of Lipo batts from my rc planes and have some 2s 2100 mil batts I would like to use and if the volts don't double I was thinkin I would be fine, the lipos are 20c discharge so they should handle 2 motors no problem since they could supply brushless motors. Thanks for any info in advance and look foward to this cool little crawler!
neon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2009, 12:27 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

they need the extra voltage! and bad!! and i dont think the stock esc could handle lipo nor does it have a cut off
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

your best bet is to get your hands on some 3000 mah sub-c stick packs, and mount them on the body posts. The added weight does wonders for the climbing ability of the truck and the run times are well over an hour. If you look you can find a pair of packs for less than $50. Thats about the same price as the 1600 2/3 A cells it calls for.
theholybull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #4

Thanks for the info! Do you happen to have a link to the batterys? So the motors in the CC are 14 volt?
neon99 is offline   Reply With Quote