Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: On it's way...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default On it's way...

Just ordered my $49 pre-built tonight... looking forward to get it built and running! Read a lot about resolving the main issues with it... I'll keep a running build and photos as I can...
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 02:04 PM   #2
RCC Addict

wow 49 bucks! definitly seems like an inpulse buy any way have fun and welcome to the very addicting world of Crawling
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:18 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I ordered one of those- heck, $57 delivered? How can that be a bad thing? I don't expect a LOT, but it should be fun.
MuddyOval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #4

cheap is why i bought mine. i was going to do a trail type truck anyway so i wasnt to worried about performance but i was realy suprised, check out my cc hummer h2 a little futher down. i havent put all the scale stuff on it yet but it turned out good and it cost me about 150 bucks total so far. it realy aggrivates the guys i work with, they have wheelyking crawlers and scalers and mine goes everywhere theirs go and looks better doing it. for a trail or scale application they perform great and the clodstall is kinda a good thing, helps prevent rollovers on my nice body
brokenaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

$50 good deal man. with all the money i've put into mine, wish i got that one! i have learned alot in this forum too.
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Ok, CC arrived Sunday night, friends and I have cobbled together a interesting mx of electronics to get it running. I am currently running stock motors, rear steer locked out with zip-ties, TRX XL5 ESC, TRX TQ3, Spektrum Z270 servo and a single 6 cell pack. I have a few questions...

1. How do most run the motors... I just tried them in parallel, and it runs fine, but has a lot of stall... I noticed that when powered off and you spin one axle, the other spins as well, so I am getting some power generation/feedback. Has anyone tried the motors in series, and does it make a difference?

2. Does anyone know of a way to kill the power feedback issue? I'm thinking that this is affecting the motors, causing/contributing to the stall...

3. Next month I am definately going to be ordering a better set of servos, a TRX TQ-4, and a Mamba Max Pro. I'd like to not go too crazy with building this crawler, is there anything that I could look at other than motors for slightly better performance?

4. When I add a second battery into the mix with the mamba, is it better to parallel the batteries, or serial them?

I need to get the axles clocked. What length do I need to make the lower links to set them neutral/slightly positive on the castor? If there were a hobby shop here I'd go out and get the materials to make them, but alas... nothing out here in the desert...

Other than that, it didn't do to bad climbing and I had some fun in the Iraqi dust... the little guy even climbed a T-wall just fine, just hard to get ANY traction in the dust...

Last edited by artsifrtsi; 10-20-2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: forgot...
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

I don't know if it may be a contributing factor to the feedback issue, but it probably has a lot to do with the stock electronics being reportedly twitchy .... the stock motors have no Caps on them whatsoever. There are none internally as one would expect one a supplied stock motor of this type (pulled one apart last night).
I am using a MLST ESC for my CC and I don't get the other axle spinning thing ... so it may have to do with the ESC you used ... I think I remember it doing that when I used a 1/10 Duratrax intellispeed and Y'd the motors
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote