Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Will this fit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 11:09 PM   #1

Default Will this fit

Just looking at tower tring to figure out what motors and esc to use.Im a newbie and just learning . But as i was lookin at tower i see this system M2 Digital esc/Dual terra claw motor system (part number SA3357) I askin if this will fit my CC.Say elimnates clod stall and dig sound great But will it fit. Thanks all for all the tips ive learned reading ur stuff
joker420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

They could fit, but some link mounting mods are needed, these are 540 sized cans and the c.c. use the smaller 380 cans, so it's not a bolt on part for this particular crawler, you would have to alter the link geometry to prevent links from hitting, motors and shocks.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
They could fit, but some link mounting mods are needed, these are 540 sized cans and the c.c. use the smaller 380 cans, so it's not a bolt on part for this particular crawler, you would have to alter the link geometry to prevent links from hitting, motors and shocks.
x2 that. for that price you could get 2 tekin fxr's. then slap some banebots in there. 3ch. radio. i doubt you'd have stall then. i would have to see one in action, before i bought one. around here alot of folks use the fxr's in their moa's and shafties. so i got to ask em questions, compare em against some of the other brands at the local indoor course. i only have 1 in my duraturd now. when i can get some money together (1st baby on the way) i am putting another in there. very smooth low speed crawl no twitchyness. awesome variable drag brake. it will stay very linear as i blip the throttle to lessen clodstall.
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I read up on that M2 ESC last night... wow. I think the Mamba Micro Pro will be replaced with that. It allows proportional bias between the motors... you can have one pushing or pulling more than the other. I just need to mod a 3 channel switch into my TQ3, and I'm good to go. I'm still going to run the stock motors until I release the smoke though, then it'll be off to BaneBot land!
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:33 PM   #5

As far as cost goes they seem just as high cost as any other good esc and motors then a dig unit.And arent most good motors 540 size cans.Im just not sure bout the motor size and what i will need to do to get them to fit.Will the mountin screws be same as the 380 .Links are no a prob i can make that work. Thanks guys for helpin me with this theres no crawlers around me for help
Old 02-05-2010, 10:39 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

there was one guy who put 540 sized motors on his cc but they are up the metal gears real quick and they stick way out. so in the long run they will likely cause more problems than anything but the m2 esc will work fine other than its overkill in my opinion
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:19 PM   #7

Thanks All for the help ill do as Artsifrts said run the M2 ESC and the 2 380 motors till i get the motors. can only do what i can afford. But as always u guys have the answers and its alwats fun to read up on all ur projects