RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Duratrax Cliff Climber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/duratrax-cliff-climber/)
-   -   Is the cc faithful dying or what..... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/duratrax-cliff-climber/220526-cc-faithful-dying-what.html)

TNCrawler 01-01-2010 07:44 PM

Is the cc faithful dying or what.....

why is my faithful cc crowd dying off???? CMON GUYS KEEP THIS FORUM ALIVE!!!!!!!"thumbsup""thumbsup"

doubletrouble 01-01-2010 08:00 PM

I was thinking the same thing today. I was bored and kept waiting for a new post or something to comment on. :mrgreen: I'm waiting for the snow to melt so I can test out my new set up.

Heinakin 01-01-2010 10:23 PM

Then a little help would be greatly accepted. http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/duratrax-cliff-climber/196600-2-esc.html
Thanks"thumbsup"

doubletrouble 01-01-2010 11:28 PM

It sounds like it would because all the power from each esc would be going to each individaul motor. Gunch posted something about running two esc's in the thread where I was trying to decide on which esc to run. Hope this helps

doubletrouble 01-01-2010 11:30 PM

He also mentions running two esc's in his post about selling his CC.

Heinakin 01-01-2010 11:41 PM

Thanks, musta overlooked those post."thumbsup"

artsifrtsi 01-02-2010 03:17 AM

yup, I'm still here modifying and experimenting with mine

nascarkeith 01-02-2010 09:18 AM

I've got back into the scale stuff so my CC is just sitting there. I thought I had it sold but looks like the deal is falling through. If anyone wants a good deal on a RTR customized CC let me know. I hope the forum keeps going. They are fun rigs.

n8big 01-02-2010 10:55 AM

Not dying I hope we just got one for Christmas.

I just took my daughters CC and fixed the broken/pulled apart shock put some 40wt oil in and moved the upper mount back one spot and what a difference. It does not want to tip over as much but does seem to run more of a droop set up because of the leverage but seems way better. I do have more gear noise coming from the back now though I might just be noticing it now too it could have been ther the whole time???? I still have bad clod stall too..

Another ???

What links are most changing to clock the axles lowers? uppers? if either? what length are you going to?

Thanks, Scott.

TNCrawler 01-02-2010 01:55 PM

"thumbsup"if you want to keep the same wheelbase you just need to lengthen the bottom links about 1/4 inch!!!if going longer then lengthen accordingly. i have noticed less clod stalol with the longer setups!!"thumbsup"

MaxxBronco 01-02-2010 07:22 PM

why no love for the CC

I just finished my first CC. at $49 on tower, no way i could say no. With a stretched wheelbase, banebots and 9.6v it is a capable little rig. I someone could come up with lower gearing I think it would rock. I am building an indoor a crawler course for the CC right now for it. "thumbsup"

What are everyone's thought's on the bearing set? Brass bushings just seem odd to me. I have been running 1/8 scale nitro, so eveything has bearings. I guess with the low speed and less heat, bushings might be ok. Anyone experience issues from the bushings?

artsifrtsi 01-02-2010 09:33 PM

yeah, I too use the center hole for the shocks, but I am also running full droop.

Rockfrog 01-02-2010 10:06 PM

We're not gone ... I'm just spending some time finishing my creeper, then it's back to the CC for some more changes.
Mostly waiting on some esc's.
I ended up making new mounts for the rear and used the front holes in the front ... I think, it's been so long since the little gaffer's been out of the closet. \well, guess that means it's time to dig 'er back out.

TNCrawler 01-02-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockfrog (Post 2200570)
We're not gone ... I'm just spending some time finishing my creeper, then it's back to the CC for some more changes.
Mostly waiting on some esc's.
I ended up making new mounts for the rear and used the front holes in the front ... I think, it's been so long since the little gaffer's been out of the closet. \well, guess that means it's time to dig 'er back out.

good to hear that you guys are still alive...lol i am working on something pretty sweet as we speak...:shock: you guys will flip!!!!

73fordhighboy 01-03-2010 06:44 PM

i just got back from the holiday vacation with the families. i first saw this post and was worried.

this payday i'll be getting another fxr set up for the duraturd. go back to a dual battery set up. she was again doing everything my ax10 was doing on the rocks at friday harbor washington. but better.

TNCrawler 01-03-2010 08:50 PM

i love to hear when a lil cc spanks a ax10. it warms my heart..lol:twisted:

TNCrawler 01-03-2010 08:52 PM

i just got another one (thanks leon!!!!) all full of bearings and metal gears about to be unvailed in a week or two that will stike fear into the hearts of many...lol well probably not but it is going to be sick!!!!!

nascarkeith 01-03-2010 10:00 PM

Glad to hear you guys are still going strong. I'm still messing with my scalers more than anything. If you want a good deal on a CC pm me."thumbsup"

73fordhighboy 01-04-2010 08:32 PM

i tell ya'll what, my "lil duraturd" can go damn near anywhere all those comp rigs can go on the local indoor course out here:shock:. no wheel weights, no lipo, no dig and 1 esc. does she stall? of course. but if i blip the throttle she'll spin both axles. here shortly i'll be getting another fxr. then-no stall. plus i'll be able to put the 45t in my ax10 the integy 35t in there aint cutting it. the real test is gonna be against my buddys' bully- 2 teking fxr's in his. i wont try tell i get my 2nd esc though:flipoff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzR6SPDEXzs

MAXXMASHER 01-12-2010 05:54 PM

I thought about getting one because of the cheap price and just went to Tower's site. DISCONTINUED! I'm sure other places still have it. I guess the MRC cornered the market.