Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Motor Shaft slipping

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #1

Default Motor Shaft slipping

I put the banebots in and noticed significant "clod stall". After futher investigation, it was really the pinion slipping. I flat spotted the motor shafts and reassembled, but I still have the pinion slipping. How much of a flat spot do i need to make? Anyone got a good picture of a flat spotting that is working?
MaxxBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I just flattened a spot about the same size as the set screw. I did'nt have any trouble with my banebots. Is the set screw coming loose? let us know what you think about he banebots when you get them running. Mine is to jumpy, i'm not sure if its to much torq or if I need to adjust my controller. Hope this helps.
doubletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #3

I pretty much did the same thing, but i will have to double check. The Banebots seem to have a lot of power, but just not at low RPM. Jumpy is probably a good description. It makes a more "foot on the gas" rock crawler vs. finesse. That might be more the XL5 than the motors though. It is limiting the performance as well. Lower gearing would be nice. I think that is really the major problem. Oh well. Still fun.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #4

So i finally got around to fixing this. As it turns out the flat spot on the front motor was not long enough and the pinion was slipping. This basically unloaded the front motor since it could slip, making clod stall x10. fixing the slipping seems to have fixed a couple of issues. The low end torque seems a lot better and the start up is way better. Funny how small things add up to big problems. Now the banebots are really working!!