Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: SomeOne HELP me with my CC.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 12:39 AM   #1

Question SomeOne HELP me with my CC.

Ok i Traded a guy online and recieved a Duratrax CliffClimber in the Trade. Anyways Long story Short It has Longer Links in it making the wheelbase more like a 1/10 scale or so. But im running into a Top heavy problem. I did notice that There is only a Front steering Servo on this thing and i believe stock has 2 servos am i correct? Oh and it has bigger after market shocks on it. Anyways i guess my problem is, if i steer it to the right on flatt ground the body leans over and will not come even close to going back to center. Please Someone help me. Just isnt very fun and i guess is giving me a bad first taste of RC Crawling. Hope to get some advice soon.
E-LOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

yuppers i had the same problem. go though and check all your link angles. and lenghts. something is obviously out of wack. search some of the threads. i built a cc a while back, the thread should still be in here some where. a few others have built some nice cliffies on here!
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:41 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

this is the first crawler i got, played around with it for a while, did some mods to it to make it more capable, but after a while i removed the rear steering servo and locked out the rearend. it really made very hard to drive on an incline. if you had to steer to the left, the rear would steer to the right. very hard to get under control. i tryed and tryed at the same line, still had no luck getting through the line with the rear steer. its not a bad crawler, the chassis needs to reduce the CG to make it better. hope this helps
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I have all these partslaying around. This stuff just piles up, started cleaning the area and found the old CC shit. HAHA. Someone is going to have a parts sale and such.
Jeepkid is offline   Reply With Quote