RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Castle Link on a Mac using Boot Camp (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/101518-castle-link-mac-using-boot-camp.html)

kawika 01-19-2008 04:03 AM

Castle Link on a Mac using Boot Camp

I was able to run the castle link software on my intel based mac using boot camp and windows XP. Now, I don't have to use my wife's dell to mess around with my Mamba Max. Just a heads up for all those mac users.

jmizoguchi 01-19-2008 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawika (Post 1013877)
I was able to run the castle link software on my intel based mac using boot camp and windows XP. Now, I don't have to use my wife's dell to mess around with my Mamba Max. Just a heads up for all those mac users.

ahha.. I'm using Parallel to with my XP to tweak my Mamba Max, Mamba 25, castle BEC

I was surprised that emulation took USB...

ClodMaxx 01-19-2008 08:57 PM

i'm using VirtualPC on my power PC based G5, and am barely able to use Castle Link. as soon as i plug the USB cable in, it gets weird. still works, but barely.

jmizoguchi 01-19-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClodMaxx (Post 1014929)
i'm using VirtualPC on my power PC based G5, and am barely able to use Castle Link. as soon as i plug the USB cable in, it gets weird. still works, but barely.

virtual PC is bad emulation compare to to Parallel. way to slow to run and I never had good results with anything.

I would say you need to use PC ....

I make a living working on PC or Mac so I know well

ClodMaxx 01-19-2008 10:13 PM

i know virtualPC is horrid, but it's all i have - and my mac works beautifully on everything else (been using macs for almost 20 years now). all i use VPC for is castle link, lol.

jmizoguchi 01-19-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClodMaxx (Post 1015045)
i know virtualPC is horrid, but it's all i have - and my mac works beautifully on everything else (been using macs for almost 20 years now). all i use VPC for is castle link, lol.

too bad for you..I think you are out of luck on this...even parallel don't work well on some USB products so you are in dark ages...:D

kawika 01-19-2008 11:51 PM

Hey us mac users are supposed to stick together:shock:.

ClodMaxx 01-20-2008 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kawika (Post 1015160)
Hey us mac users are supposed to stick together:shock:.

that's what i thought too...! :-(

Hodaka 01-20-2008 02:15 PM

Keep your eyes open for a cheap Intel Mini. You can use it as a media player hooked to your TV, too.

BTW: I'm a Mac dealer, and you're right: we need to stick together!

El Gooch 01-20-2008 06:35 PM

I'm using Parallels to to run XP also. I can use the USB for my Mamba Max but not for the Castle Link hooked up to my new CC BEC. Anyone having this problem????

The Gooch8)

Joe Ford 02-01-2008 02:43 PM

Gooch...if your CC BEC is already connected to an ESC it may be drawing too much current away from the CC BEC. Try plugging the CC BEC into the link, then plug your battery pack into the BEC/ESC connection. Should power up fine. Make sure you have at least Castle Link v3.01 software on your computer as well. Let me know if you're still having issues.

Calderwood 02-01-2008 04:30 PM

Where are you guys getting xp? I can't find a cheap source.

El Gooch 02-01-2008 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigels_world (Post 1034620)
Where are you guys getting xp? I can't find a cheap source.

I got mine at the UCSD book store through a friend. If you or a friend is going to a state school, you can get through the book store.

El Gooch 02-01-2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Ford (Post 1034497)
Gooch...if your CC BEC is already connected to an ESC it may be drawing too much current away from the CC BEC. Try plugging the CC BEC into the link, then plug your battery pack into the BEC/ESC connection. Should power up fine. Make sure you have at least Castle Link v3.01 software on your computer as well. Let me know if you're still having issues.

Than you for the help. I'll try it later tonight when I get home.

El Gooch 02-12-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Ford (Post 1034497)

I'm still having problems. Do I need to have a battery source hooked up when I'm using the castle link? Because when I hook up the Mamba Max it works fine without any battery source. :x To the computer that is..

The Gooch8)

Joe Ford 02-12-2008 12:57 PM

Gooch...plug the CC BEC into the little green board on the Castle Link, then plug the battery pack into the ESC/CC BEC connection. Do it in that order. If you plug the battery pack into the ESC/BEC connection, then plug into the link it will not work.

El Gooch 02-12-2008 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Ford (Post 1049926)
Gooch...plug the CC BEC into the little green board on the Castle Link, then plug the battery pack into the ESC/CC BEC connection. Do it in that order. If you plug the battery pack into the ESC/BEC connection, then plug into the link it will not work.

So the last step would be to plug in the USB to the computer,or the battery to the BEC?

Hodaka 02-12-2008 02:10 PM

Hmmm...
Mine worked fine when I did it this way:
Plug Link into computer and start Software.
When software has initialized and sees Link, plug BEC into Link - I did not have a power source connected to the BEC at all.

iMac 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, XP running under latest version of Parallels.

El Gooch 02-12-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hodaka (Post 1050024)
Hmmm...
Mine worked fine when I did it this way:
Plug Link into computer and start Software.
When software has initialized and sees Link, plug BEC into Link - I did not have a power source connected to the BEC at all.

iMac 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, XP running under latest version of Parallels.

OK, I'll try it again, like I said earlier, the Mamba Max works fine.But when I need to use the software, it just doesn't see the castle link?

Thank you for your help, I'll let you know how it works.

El Gooch 02-12-2008 06:05 PM

Still no luck, the software still doesn't see the castle link:x.