Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Lipo recommended discharge rate?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #1

Default Lipo recommended discharge rate?

I'm making the jump to lipo and wondering what discharge rate batteries I should be looking for? Running a MM esc and crawlmaster sport BL motor. The 4s 1100mah batteries would fit where I want them perfect but only have a 16.5a continuous discharge rate. Is this enough? Otherwise the 1500mah packs have a 31a continous discharge rate
grommit327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2008, 04:34 PM   #2
no talent hack

the 4s 1100 should have a 15c discharge rate, while the 1500 has a 20c discharge rate.

i ran my crawlmaster at 22 amps and it seemed fine. although i think when its in a bind or WOT it trys to pull alot more. what is the burst discharge rate of both packs? the one im using has a burst discharge of 55 amps. i have smoked 2 quarks, both when in a bind, the esc's are rated at 50 amp burst. so the motor definately needs the power sometimes
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-hills4x4 View Post
the 4s 1100 should have a 15c discharge rate, while the 1500 has a 20c discharge rate.

i ran my crawlmaster at 22 amps and it seemed fine. although i think when its in a bind or WOT it trys to pull alot more. what is the burst discharge rate of both packs? the one im using has a burst discharge of 55 amps. i have smoked 2 quarks, both when in a bind, the esc's are rated at 50 amp burst. so the motor definately needs the power sometimes
Well I went ahead and switched up for the 20c batts just for peace of mind. I don't see the burst listed on the website (maxamps)...I thought it's usually about double what the continous is.
grommit327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #4
no talent hack

Quote:
Originally Posted by grommit327 View Post
Well I went ahead and switched up for the 20c batts just for peace of mind. I don't see the burst listed on the website (maxamps)...I thought it's usually about double what the continous is.
i see alot of packs that are only 5c above so it really depends on the manufacture
Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I would go as big as possible. The crawlmasters will burst quite a bit if you bind them up right, 60-80 amps or more depending on voltage. The more amperage overhead you have, the longer the pack will last. While a small pack might work well for some drivers that never get the rig bound up, it will have a lower life expectancy VS. an oversized pack. I would say a 30a continous pack is the bare minimum IMO.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote