Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Need some advice for a 3channel radio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2008, 01:32 AM   #1

Question Need some advice for a 3channel radio

Ok I'm fairly new to the crawling scene. I'm building an AX10 Scorpion and would like to add rear steering, preferably using the clod mod steering processor. I would like to use the 3ch version since I could then use a 3ch radio to switch between the different modes. My main question here is which radio system has a 3 position switch already setup in the 3rd channel?
odonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2008, 02:04 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonx View Post
Ok I'm fairly new to the crawling scene. I'm building an AX10 Scorpion and would like to add rear steering, preferably using the clod mod steering processor. I would like to use the 3ch version since I could then use a 3ch radio to switch between the different modes. My main question here is which radio system has a 3 position switch already setup in the 3rd channel?
Dunno why rear steer, it's not comp legal, but hey, to each their own. The spektrum DX3 series and futaba 3PM or 3PK are good choices. If you want to go on the cheap, then a Traxxas TQ3 am is "ok", but limiting on what you can do.
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:26 AM   #3

Cool. Thanks for the help. I know that rear steer isn't comp legal, but with the clod mod steering computer you have control over when and where you can use the rear steering. It's also set up to let you select a crabing mode which I think cool.
odonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Cool. Thanks for the help. I know that rear steer isn't comp legal, but with the clod mod steering computer you have control over when and where you can use the rear steering. It's also set up to let you select a crabing mode which I think cool.
cool, have fun!!
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

i would just get a tq3 that is already modded with a 3 position switch. vendors on here sell them. you don't need the clod mod steering processor.
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote