Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 3pm and dig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Futaba 3pm and dig

Has anyone done a dig setup with the futaba 3pm. I have seen fws setups, but i am looking for dig. I want to figure out how to set up the 3ch servo to be on-off-on or left-center-right functions. Has anyone done a switch mod? I don't want to have to use the trim function and hit it 25 times to connect and 25 times to recenter and the same to disconnect. any help would be great. I see on the circuitboard that switch 2 has six lugs soldered to the board. i am curios if a 3way switch soldered in place will work and still look all good. Any ideas all you fellow crawlers?
TK-twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2008, 08:31 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

is anybody out there that can help
Old 03-11-2008, 10:46 PM   #3

I asked the same question, and got no reply. The only thing I can think of, is someone posted a thread on setting up the 3pm with 4 wheel steering, using the mode switch to change the outcome. Not sure if this will be useful in a dig setup though. I was thinking having one mode for 4WD / Disconnect and one mode for 4WD / rear wheel lock.
thenewguy821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 11:27 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy821 View Post
I asked the same question, and got no reply. The only thing I can think of, is someone posted a thread on setting up the 3pm with 4 wheel steering, using the mode switch to change the outcome. Not sure if this will be useful in a dig setup though. I was thinking having one mode for 4WD / Disconnect and one mode for 4WD / rear wheel lock.
Which mode switch, the PPM/HRS mode? Could you explain.

I was going to use the 3rd channel push switch for Dig/rear lock and use DT4 to trim to freewheel if needed. Other then that I haven't been able to find another way to do it. To bad SW1 and SW2 cant have two different EPA settings. That would be ideal.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
Nor-CalRCRC

I use the 3rd channel switch for 4wd and rear locked, no freewheel. I would like to see a write up on a switch mod though. It would be ideal to hit a switch with your left thumb. The 3rd channel switch is in a bad spot for dig on the 3PM.
montereycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

So far all i can figure out is using trim for the 3ch. It is directly above the wheel. Basicli I set the trim at zero. I do not use the switch. If I hold the trim button to the left it will move fulley in about 5 seconds. then hold it to the right until you lcd reads zero again which will be center of the stroke. Then do the same for the right. So if I leave my servo trim at zero and use the trim only it will work for dig. I am contemplateing doing a switch mod, but for now it works. Just do not use the sw2 or your trim setting are gone. If I do a switch mod I will put a build post on