Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Anyone Use Tekin B1 R??? ESC B1R

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 02:33 AM   #1

Default Anyone Use Tekin B1 R??? ESC B1R

I race 1/12 scale carpet cars, and i use a Tekin B1 ESC stock, Would a B1R (b! with reverse) be good for crawling, anybody tried, should work since i run a 27 turn all day with 4600 Ener G Cells.
MinotCrawlerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2008, 12:01 PM   #2

just in case you guys didnt know the b1 is the size of my thumbnail., its tiny as heck.

http://www.teamtekin.com/b1.html

Last edited by MinotCrawlerz; 03-25-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

It says it can be used with upto 370 size motors We use 550 size motors in our crawlers
dezrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:14 PM   #4

If you read what i typed, i use it with a 27 turn stock motor, it is a 550 size motor. run it all day long with that. 1/12 scale carpet racing uses 550 motors. on top of that im using good batts too Ener G 4600's are some of the best ones you can buy.

now with that lets continue
Old 03-25-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Well with that remark it sounds like you have your mind made up.

The current is very low (30) for the reverse version and the BEC is half what you want it to be for a crawler. I would run the FX-R. It's about the same size, has twice the BEC and the current it 100+.

Thats my .02 cents.

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #6

but if your running 2/3 A cells anyways how much current are you really flowing with a 55 turn motor? and castle makes the bec plug in correct??

im new to this slow stuff, im used to running faster cars on carpet and so fourth. if current was an issue then why is it competitve with stock 27 turn in carpet. the reason we use it there is weight and size, cap is smaller so it fits right on top of the esc not increasing the footprint. unline the ridiculous gtb i have.

but i was told the fx r has a nice drag brake, in stock carpet racing we dont even hardly ever use any brake. and considering price is relatively same the fxr sounds more appealing

Last edited by MinotCrawlerz; 03-25-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I think you'll be very happy with the FX-R. Like you pointed out, it's footprint is simular and the cost is relatively the same. Drag brake in crawling is such a huge advantage and now that I've been using it I can't imagin crawling without it (for sport or competition).

On the subject of maxx current....In crawling, you can never have too much power. Especially, when using dig, turning with a powerful digital servo and trying to throttle up an obstical all at the same time. Having the extra current is a big plus.

I hope that helps.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:16 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

We are also curious about this application for the B1R. It should handle the power with no problems and has all the same features as the FxR. Drag brake is the same software, but resistance is not as low which is the key. Might have to turn the drag brakes up higher, but I expect it will perform similiar.

I know we have a few guys testing it currently for us.... one of them is represented here and I bet we hear something pretty soon.

The BEC is only rated to 1.5 amps, but that is continuous. It should be able to give up to 1.9 amps for short durations. Both the FxR and the B1R have very impressive and robust BEC regulators.

The B1 and B1R are very unique products and people seem to be charging more than we expected. The FxR is priced very aggressively since it is intended as an affordable reversing esc, but with all the pro features. That is why they are currently pretty close in price. I suspect the market will correct itself over time and there will be more seperation.

Tekin Prez

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 04-18-2008 at 10:24 AM.
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:10 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I finally got a chance to really put this ESC through the paces and I love it!!!!

Here is the review:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...37#post1153137

MinotCrawlerz, if you have one, don't hesitate to crawl with it. Your experience with the ESC was spot on in reguards to the beating that it can take. Thank you for bringing up the question on whether or not it can be used in this application. It's one of my favorite ESC's now

Kaetwo