Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Hyperion output circuit problem??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Hyperion output circuit problem??

My Hyperion E0S0606iAD charger is acting up. Had it just over a year now with no issues until today. I charged a 2 cell 4000mah lipo this morning and it worked fine, it got a little warm (maybe 85 degrees) but no more than usual. A while later I went to charge a 3 cell (made the appropriate setting changes) and when it started to do the battery check before charging it goes into alarm and the screen reads "Output Circuit Problem". I thought it may have been a battery issue so I tried all of the other lipos I have. I tried 3 different 3 cell lipos and I get the same screen as long as the balance tap is plugged in. Without the balance tap it charges them just fine. Now when I tried a couple different 2 cell packs with balance taps plugged in the charger starts to check the battery and the charger just shuts down and comes back on every time I tell it to charge them. Again, without the balance tap it works just fine. My connectors are clean. Im using the appropiate balance adapters for each lipo, the good ones that Hyperion sells not some el cheapo versions.

Has anyone else had this issue? My charger hasnt been dropped or treated roughly and nothing has been modified. It didnt even get moved when I swapped out packs on the charger.
RivBlueNoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

This has happened to me twice now with the 0606I AC/DC charger. The first time it happened i sent it back to holmes hobbies and it was replaced under warranty but now the new one is doing the same thing.
tuner is offline   Reply With Quote