Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: super rooster esc help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #1

Default super rooster esc help

I need some insight on my novak super rooster esc. I'm not very experienced with rc electronics and proper wiring techniques but I'm mechanically capable so I just need some clarifications. So heres the problem: I charge a battery and plug it into the battery pickups that go into the esc, turn power on but the esc doen't light up. It worked a few days ago but all of the sudden its ceased to work. Could i have fried my esc?? hopefully not. so heres the setup: super rooster esc, futuba reciever that says bec on it (really old), futuba 2 ch transmitter (really really old), crystals that match (ch62 75.430mhz?), 6 cell Nimh 1500mAh battery. the rx and tx are being used for mock up purposes and once i get the rig going i'll upgrade to newer, nicer equipment. Any thoughts would be appreciated... i can get pictures of wiring set-up too.
robmurray12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #2

pics would definately help. Check all your connections and make sure they are soldered good. Hook up the battery to the esc and then use a volt meter at the esc soldered connection to see if you are getting power to the esc. You can also check the resistance of the on off switch to see if that is working. I have had the switch go bad before and not turn on.
garyba18 is offline   Reply With Quote