Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Help! Help! Esc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Help! Help! Esc

Ok I am getting extremely frustrated! I added a DNA dig to my ax10, also upgraded to a DX 3.0 radio. Now I cant get my truck to run at all. The DIG works fine but when I turn the truck on it gives the series of beeps pull back on the throttle one time and then the truck just sits there and beeps. beep beep beep but no forward or reverse. I have a castle sidewinder esc, DX 3.0 radio , brushless motor. The truck ran fine before starting the upgrades and I have been fighting this deal for saveral days now. I desperatly need help from all you experts out there and keep in mind I'm already in trouble with the wife about all the money I've been putting in the upgrades so someone out there knows how to fix this thing PLEASE help ASAP. Thanks
sullysracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #2
Suck it up!

Do you have the Castle Link or are you setting it up via the tx?

edit: usually when it beeps like that it isn't getting a signal from the rx. You're sure you've gotten everything plugged in right?
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default plugs

I'm pretty sure I have it all plugged right looks like I have a open space at the bottom of the reciever then the next slot is steering servo, next esc next dig. Sound right?
Old 01-17-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
Suck it up!

Does your steering work? If so, swap the esc plug with the steering plug and see if it'll do anything then.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Since you changed radios, you will need to redo the setup on the sidewinder.
ib99rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I can try swapping the plugs in the morning, the steering and the dig work it just wont go. I can't figure out how to reprogram, I didn't have any problem programming it when I had just the cheap 2 channel radio it came right up but don't seem to want to program now, or more than likely I don't know what I am doing.:-(
Old 01-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
www.team3sixrc.com

OK,
here is what you do.

1. Unplug everything from the Receiver.
Your wiring should look like this. (Continue to read after picture)

2. be sure that you first complete the bind process first
3. After that is finished complete the set up of your ESC settings.
4. Remove the red wire and follow the picture.
5. Run the truck.
6. If you still have issues, Be sure to set all your settings on your radio to (0)
Generally this is what most of the time is the issue. Its because your radio wasn't programmed at 0 settings to dial in everything. So the radio program isnt recognized by the ESC

Last edited by team3six; 01-17-2010 at 09:05 PM.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Default picture

ok I cant get that picture to come up is the another way you can get it to me
Old 01-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #9
www.team3sixrc.com

what are you talking about you cant get it to come up?
Just go to this link. you must have some issues with your computer if you cant see that.
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...cs/WIRING2.jpg
Old 01-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Default got it

Ok got it that time I'll give it a try, when you say set all to zero on my controller you mean ALL correct.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:19 PM   #11
www.team3sixrc.com

Set all your settings on your radio to 0.
Its been awhile since i had a 3.0 so I cant remember how. But all your travel, steering, throttle. everything to factory settings
Old 01-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Ok thanks I'll give it a try when I get off work in the morning thanks.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

If your not running a BEC then leave the red wire hooked up. If your steering and dig servos are working, then your controller must be bound so I would be looking at settings. Like team3six said, zero everything out on the controller and start there. I don't know anything about the radio, but maybe the throttle limits are messed up. I just upgraded from a modded tq3 to a 3pmx and had to play with it for a while to get things right. The factory settings were all over the place. I'm sure nothing changed but it wouldn't hurt to use the castle link and verify the esc settings. When you turn it on, the esc should beep a few times and then give you a tone. Turn the radio on first and then the esc and let it just sit there for a few seconds without touching anything on the radio.
PDXFNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Ok I'll try that first, when I turn everything on it does give me that normal crazy beep, but then thats it of coarse I haven't let it set for a few minutes. Also It only gives me one of the beep cycles where as the old radio used to give me two. One when I turned it on and then I would pull full throttle one time and it would give me the second set of beeps and after returning to nuetral position you were ready to go, now I don't get the second beep. Like you say I may not be giving it enough time.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

It shouldn't take longer than a few seconds though really! Mine beeps 3 times and then gives me the musical tone. I never touch the radio when turning it all on.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:48 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Default Gettin closer

OK guys thanks for all the help I'm getting closer. I finally got the wheels turning. I think most of my problems right now are in the radio settings, once I finally got it going it is running in reverse and I can only steer in one direction now, the dig servo don't have as much travel as what I had before. Most likely from where I zeroed out the radio to get the esc to program. So tommorrow I will start going through and see if I can get all the settings right on the radio, not much experiance with this but I have the book so maybe I can get it figured out.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:10 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Keep us posted. Hopefully its just a matter of dialing in the radio. It sounds like thats all it is.