Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Hyperion CX G3 Lipo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Hyperion CX G3 Lipo

Well have to get rid of the stupid stick packs, so was at the local HobbyTown. Asked what they had for small lipo 2 cell and they had these for $17.

Hyperion CX G3 Lipo 25C 850mah 2s/7.4V

Did I screw up? Is that too small? I know that compared to the 3800mah NIMH i will really downgrade my run time but, the guy told me I could get another and run them in parallel and get double run time. Is that good advice? I'm really unsure about my buy, and before i attempt soldering a deans on it can someone tell me if it will be ok or save some money and buy a better battery?

Here is my truck specs.

axial drivetrain with 12t pinion on tranny
Novak Brushless Goat System (2s)
BlueBird 630MG (203oz/in
Vanquish ProComp wheels
Panther Cougar Tires
Longer lower and upper links if that matters
axial BTA kit

Thanks in advance for any help.
es79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Friend of mine was running very similar electronics, but with a mystery 900 20c I think? Anyway it seemed to work very well for him. Runtime wasn't extra long, but long enough to not be change packs every 2 minutes.

Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Runtime will be up to about 20min with those. The real problem with low mah batteries is getting enough power out of them. 850mah x 25c = only 21amps output. Hyperion batteries are really good and the CX will burst to 45c but that is still only 38amps output. At 2s 7.4volts that is only 281 watts (38amps x 7.4 volts = 282 watts). I run Hyperion VX 1100mah 3s 35/65c bashing/practicing (burst to 71 amps/788 watts) for a little more runtime but can tell the difference in power when I run my thunder power 850mah 45/90c batteries (burst to 76amps/843 watts) at comps. I love the light weight of small batteries and did run some 500mah 20c batterys. They were OK but didn't have the power and didn't last long because of over discharging them.
Long story short; I would go with some thing with some more output, especially running 2s or run two in parallel.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
...Long story short; I would go with some thing with some more output, especially running 2s or run two in parallel.

your last statement...i do plan on buying another exactly the same and running in parallel but will be a week or so before i'm allowed to buy any hobby related stuff. But doing 2 of these in parallel would be the best bet if I want to use them. Of course I should probably just save the money, take this one back and buy a better single battery, right?
es79 is offline   Reply With Quote