Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Late night idiot 4ws question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2004, 12:50 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Late night idiot 4ws question

I have an MX-3 and a Clod with 4ws, but was wondering if there was a way to rig it to change back and forth from regular to "crab walk" style. I was thinking about using a third servo on ch 3 to move a switch from forward to reverse, forward gives rear servo regular operation reverse allows crab walk, but how would I hook it up? I really like this idea, but should I just ditch it and live with what I got now?
dabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2004, 01:18 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Late night idiot 4ws question

Im not sure if the MX-3 can do it or not, but on my Futaba 3PDF I can set the 3rd channel for 3 positions. So thats how I use the rear steer. pos2 straight, pos1 left and pos3 right. For some reason I cant figure out how to set it up on my 3PM :( .
nktrnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:32 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Unfourtunately, the MX-3 has only an on/off switch for the 3rd channel, so it wouldn't work like that unless I modded it. Which brings me to a new point, has anyone swapped out the 2 position switch for a 3 position one in an MX-3? That would take care of all my problems at once!
dabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 09:35 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabid
Unfourtunately, the MX-3 has only an on/off switch for the 3rd channel, so it wouldn't work like that unless I modded it. Which brings me to a new point, has anyone swapped out the 2 position switch for a 3 position one in an MX-3? That would take care of all my problems at once!
The TQ3 has a two way switch, open up yer radio and check to see if there are three wires going to that switch, if so you can *probably* put in a 3way.

Otherwise, a TQ3 is like 40$ (less if you look around) I paid 45$ for mine cause it came with the Rx pack and two near waterproof boxes.
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote