Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Ice Charger - BackLight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Ice Charger - BackLight

Right after I bought my ice charger in 2007, I bought a backlight for it off ebay. After installed, it was easier to read the display but over time I found it harder and harder to read. Plus the backlight transformer hummed pretty good which was anoying. So I looked on ebay and found another company that sells them and bought white this time vers blue background. Right away I could see a better contrast reading the display even in the day time. Check it out..

www.caribbeancustomdesigns.com

MaxxPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
RCC Addict

I just bought the blue one from them a week ago. I hope that does not happen to mine. I like that white and did not think about it, but it might be the best contrast.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Ive had a blue one in my Ice since they first came out and havent had any issues with it. Is the inverter on your new white kit inside or outside the charger? The kit I bought years ago is inside and mine is super quiet and always has been, but a buddy uses one that has the inverter on the outside and its annoying after about 30 minutes of pit time...
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Just the other day I was wondering why the Ice charger wasnt backlit. And wishing it was, now it will be!
bcbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:29 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

you can change it.....how cool is that...white is way better I think
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:58 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I got mine today in the mail. pretty fast really, I ordered the blue before I was this thread, but I think it's gonna be pimp either blue or white. I like the blue cause it matches the rest of the charger and the visibility is very similar to the white one in the picture. I bought my charger in 2007 also, and I just don't get why I have not ordered this sooner.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
Ive had a blue one in my Ice since they first came out and havent had any issues with it. Is the inverter on your new white kit inside or outside the charger? The kit I bought years ago is inside and mine is super quiet and always has been, but a buddy uses one that has the inverter on the outside and its annoying after about 30 minutes of pit time...
The inverter on both kits was on the inside. For me I wanted what ever color made it so I can read the screen at what ever angle. This light kit really helped a ton. I wonder what the Team Check Point charger uses. I've been at the track and I have seen there lighted background and they seem more bright blue. I will have to really look close and compare which one reads better.

Here is the Team Checkpoint
http://www.bestrc.com/teamcheckpoint...ers/index.html
Old 03-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

is there a write-up on how to do this, and where is the kit I need?
mudn_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #9
RCC Addict

I dont know of one on here... but there should still be one from around 2003 or so on RCTech.net That's where I got my EL kit and the guy had an install thread specific to HIS kit, but I'm sure there isn't much different between what I have and what you find on Feebay now.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I took a peek around Ebay and I dont see them anymore. But since then I bought a Quattro Charger from Hobby King and the Screen on that is awesome. Way brighter and clearer then the lighted Ice. I think it was $30 for the light kit, but I would put the $30 into a new charger imo.