Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: LiPo Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default LiPo Issues

Ok so i have a Dynamite 4200 2s LiPo Hardcase. I have had it for about 8 months and i always use a cutoff with my vehicles. In fact i dont even run the battery down to the cut-off ill take it off when i feel it's been running awhile.

I am using a Dynamite passport AC/DC charger and the battery will no longer take a charge. My other batteries work on the charger still so i was able to rule that out as being the issue. I haven't hurt the battery in anyway and it is always balanced when i charge. So my question is, Is there like an average life of LiPo batteries? I know they are measured by cycles rather than months because the amount of use varies but is this normal?.
megaherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2011, 02:27 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

About how many cycles have you run through it? I run my batteries down till the ~9v cutoff every time because every charge is a cycle even if the batteries half full.
bcaz808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Ive prolly put 100 cycles or so through it, It was my main battery i use for the track and i have owned it the longest. I usually pull it off after about 45 min at the track. I dont have a volt meter so im not sure what its getting down too but running it down to the cut-off on he ESC has always made me nervous.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

For cheap lipos around 100 cycles is normal. Higher end may get up to around 300. How many amps you charge it at also has a big effect on how many cycles you get out of your batteries. As far as cutoff it's 3v per cell for lipo. As long as your cutoff is decent I would run it till it cuts out. Try borrowing a multimeter from a friend and test it.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Ahhh.. Alright, I usually charge it at 4 amps so i guess ive gotten my use out of it at this point. Thanks for the help
Old 04-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

No Problem. If you plan on buying another cheap lipo check out hobbypartz gens ace or sky. Right now I'm running one of there sky lipo's 3s 2650mah 20c discharge for only $16 after a 10% off coupon I found through google. So far I have about 40 cycles through it and it's stillgoing strong.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Thx for the suggestion but ive actually had a couple of those puff up on me already which is why i bought the dynamite haha. I think i might go with a maxamps they seem a little pricey but if i get 300 cycles out of it it will be worth the 100 bucks.