Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Stalling and motor wire "shortening".

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question Stalling and motor wire "shortening".

Hello,
So I've read here and there that one of the possibilities to reduce clod stall on a MOA would be to use shorter wires going from the ESC to the rear motor...

Is it true??
If so, how much shorter than the front ones??

Thanks for the help.
Big Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I really don't think that shorter wires would do anything but save a bit of weight and very little at that.

There are a couple ways of preventing clod stall. One is to overdrive the front axle by using a pinion gear one or two teeth larger than that in the rear. Two is to use proportional speed control if you are using dual ESCs and if your radio has that capability (or get the mixer adapter from Losikid).
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
I really don't think that shorter wires would do anything but save a bit of weight and very little at that.

There are a couple ways of preventing clod stall. One is to overdrive the front axle by using a pinion gear one or two teeth larger than that in the rear. Two is to use proportional speed control if you are using dual ESCs and if your radio has that capability (or get the mixer adapter from Losikid).
+1, if you were running VERY small ga wire, length may make a difference, but performance would likely suck in general due to the small wire. So, shorter wires would just make it "unsuck" a bit more.

The best way to fix clod-stall is to run dual ESC's and proportional mixing.
A decent 4 channel radio, or a 3 channel radio (like a 3PM-x) and a WannAmix. I use a 3PM-x & WannAmix.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Shorter wire would do the opposite then what you want it to do. Shorter wire would = less resistance... there for the rear motor would have MORE power. From what I have seen running a smaller diameter(larger gage) wire is what you want. (might be what you were thinking of)
92LILREDYJ is offline   Reply With Quote