RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   flysky gt3b (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/335691-flysky-gt3b.html)

EMUTT 09-07-2011 04:37 AM

flysky gt3b

Can you use the third channel on a gt3b for a 3racing winch,without having to mod it?

losikid 09-07-2011 06:53 AM

You have to mod it

EMUTT 09-07-2011 07:33 AM

So can you just install some push buttons for the third channel or does it have to be hacked?

erikblank 09-07-2011 07:35 AM

It has to be hacked.

EMUTT 09-07-2011 07:42 AM

Ok so I just want 3 channels do I still need to get the $25 hack kit? Or is there a way to hack it without the kit just for the 3rd channel?

heyok 09-07-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMUTT (Post 3268117)
Ok so I just want 3 channels do I still need to get the $25 hack kit? Or is there a way to hack it without the kit just for the 3rd channel?

The hack is a great one and I recommend it, but there is another way.

I make a winch controller that will work from a two position channel:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendors-electronics/286855-winch-controller-radio-2-position-third-channel.html

Watch the little youtube video to quickly see how it works.

erikblank 09-07-2011 08:10 AM

The radio comes with 3 channels and it already was the buttons and switches. The reason you need the hack kit is the stock rx doesn't have the programming you need to run the winch. You could make your own hack kit. You'd save about $5. Do yourself a favor buy it from losikid. His support is second to none.

EMUTT 09-07-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erikblank (Post 3268150)
The radio comes with 3 channels and it already was the buttons and switches. The reason you need the hack kit is the stock rx doesn't have the programming you need to run the winch. You could make your own hack kit. You'd save about $5. Do yourself a favor buy it from losikid. His support is second to none.

Ohh I thought the controller for the winch bypassed the receiver. My thoughts where that the controller has a push button on it,1press out,press again stop,press again in. So I was hopeing the third channel on the radio would work as the push button on the winch controller.

erikblank 09-07-2011 09:48 AM

It will with 4.1 firmware

EMUTT 09-07-2011 10:08 AM

Do I need a hack kit to upgrade firmware?

erikblank 09-07-2011 10:13 AM

Yes

highlandcrawler 09-07-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMUTT (Post 3268158)
Ohh I thought the controller for the winch bypassed the receiver. My thoughts where that the controller has a push button on it,1press out,press again stop,press again in. So I was hopeing the third channel on the radio would work as the push button on the winch controller.

The problem with the stock radios 3rd ch is that its only a 2 pos switch for the 3rd ch. you would only have one direction of travel from it unless you used the heyok unit. You can however still just use the stock winch controller by just pushing the buttons

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMUTT (Post 3268285)
Do I need a hack kit to upgrade firmware?

Yes. To upgrade the firmware on the radio you need a way to communicate with it. the Overkill hack kit will allow you to unlock all the possibility of the radio"thumbsup"

EMUTT 09-07-2011 10:25 AM

Thanks a lot for the info guys looks like after I get the radio I will be pushing the button on the controller for a while lol. Eventually I will get the hack kit from losikid. Thanks again guys"thumbsup"

heyok 09-07-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erikblank (Post 3268150)

Just a little correction.

The stock rx doesn't limit you to a two position third channel. The transmitter in its stock form is responsible for that.

Yes, losikid makes a great kit!

Also, as I said, you could replace the winch controller with one of mine to make the winch operate on a radio with a two position channel. See my previous post (post 6 in this thread).

EMUTT 09-07-2011 11:13 AM

Yes sir I seen that and thanks for informing me on your wonderful products. Heard nothing but good things about your electronics. But the hack kit is the way I will eventually be going I'm sure I will eventually need more than 3 channels lol.