Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: wantasummit dual esc adapter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default wantasummit dual esc adapter

Hey guys I've been thinking about running dual esc's on my berg but I have a dx3r and don't want to buy a 4pk or 4pl just yet. I've been looking at the wantasummit dual esc adapter thingy and I just want to know what you guys think of it and for those of you that have run it, how well does it work and if any what are the drawbacks.
Thanks for the help,
Bobby
LUNAticCrawlingCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: wantasummit dual esc adapter

Hi, I don't know all about your radio, thus I can't say it will work (it does work on some of the Spektrum DX3...... radios).

I used to run a 2.2 Bully with a single CC MM ESC & a servo dig. It worked OK I guess.
I later switched to a WantAmix with dual CC MM ESC's in the same rig. Both times was with a Futabe 3PM-x.

Wow, the front & rear dig is about the same either way, but being able to do proportional between the 2 ESC's is great.

LosiKid now does the WantAmix, you would even get the newer version (figures, it came out ~2 months AFTER I bought mine....) which sounds like it is even better.

So yes, if your radio will support it, I say go do it.

I believe his site is, www.OverKillRC.com
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I have one in my XR, had one in my Berg(sold the berg), and have turned 3 friends onto them.
I like them so much I bought the last one wantAsummit sold before he handed it over to LosiKid just so I would have a spare in case it was awhile before they were back in stock.
I had just dumped my Berg in the pool, fried a micro pro, but I'm still using the soaked wantamix adapter.
Like CIII said, proportional mixing is great! I set my buttons up on my DX3R just like they recommended in the video and it's almost subconscious now.
Go for it. Huge bang for the buck, and way cheaper than swapping over all your rx's to Futaba.
shelljeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I run one with dual fxr's on my XR10....Love it!
WICKEDWOLFRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:07 PM   #5
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Hi, I don't know all about your radio, thus I can't say it will work (it does work on some of the Spektrum DX3...... radios).

I used to run a 2.2 Bully with a single CC MM ESC & a servo dig. It worked OK I guess.
I later switched to a WantAmix with dual CC MM ESC's in the same rig. Both times was with a Futabe 3PM-x.

Wow, the front & rear dig is about the same either way, but being able to do proportional between the 2 ESC's is great.

LosiKid now does the WantAmix, you would even get the newer version (figures, it came out ~2 months AFTER I bought mine....) which sounds like it is even better.

So yes, if your radio will support it, I say go do it.

I believe his site is, www.OverKillRC.com
The new one still ain't out yet. Just a new firmware. I can reflash yours if you want.

I have two new dig units i'm working on. A wantamix pro, which mix's esc's but a much smaller design and ditches the pots. So alot more reliable. I hope to have these protyped in the next month or so and then a small batch (50 or so, more if they sell good) by the end of the summer. Regular wantmixs will be very scarce between now and then though. I only plan on maybe 20 more at max

And my other dig unit is abit of a secret. Won't be out any time soon. But once i'm happy with its power handling capabilities...it'll be preferable over whats currently available. For any radio with programmable switches, no mixes needed. But there's alot of stuff i'm still trying to figure out, venturing into high power electronics is a new world.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I run an og esc adapter from wantasummit, and i am running a dx3r on sidewinders on my hr moa, and all i can say is i love it, i never had any problems with the pots either.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:29 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
The new one still ain't out yet. Just a new firmware. I can reflash yours if you want.
I know you could do the firmware update, not sure I want to wait. I will let you know though. Maybe I should get a 2nd one, then install that and ship my 1st one back for the update.
Then I would have 2 with new firmware, one would be a spare for me.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote