RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Motor turns??? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/387728-motor-turns.html)

EL VASCO 06-08-2012 09:26 PM

Motor turns???

How to know how much turns have a motor if I have not any specifications of it??? How to know how much RPM is it??? I’m considering to use a motor out off a cordless drill, a Power Tools, just as an experiment and the only I know about this motor it runs with a 12V battery and is Johnson brand.
Could I use a brushed ESC to control it??? I have a stock LNC ESC and a HH BR-XL ESC, could I use any of them to run that motor without problems???
Any comment and suggestions welcome
Thanks guys
El Vasco"thumbsup"

DogSpoon 06-08-2012 10:52 PM

Re: Motor turns???

Get a model number off the motor iff possible, then Google it. You could always open it up and count. If I had to guess, I'd say it has high number of turns, because drills tend to require high torque.

Charlie-III 06-09-2012 12:43 AM

Even with RC motors, there is no good way to tell the turn count without pulling the wire off.
Even if the motor had a part number on it, it would be tough to get specifics on turns or RPM/volt speed.

If it's a brushed motor (likely) then there are lots of ESC's that can likely handle it. Try it but check ESC & motor temps.

EL VASCO 06-12-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DogSpoon (Post 3770144)
Get a model number off the motor iff possible, then Google it. You could always open it up and count. If I had to guess, I'd say it has high number of turns, because drills tend to require high torque.

Thanks DogSpoon, it’d be a good way to get some info about this motor, I’ll try when I get the motor!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie-III (Post 3770248)
Even with RC motors, there is no good way to tell the turn count without pulling the wire off.
Even if the motor had a part number on it, it would be tough to get specifics on turns or RPM/volt speed.

If it's a brushed motor (likely) then there are lots of ESC's that can likely handle it. Try it but check ESC & motor temps.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Hey Charlie!!! How are you man!!! Do you remember me??? Time ago you were helping me with motor and esc issues and now I got another question you are here again, thanks man!!!"thumbsup"
You know you method will be the most correct but I don’t want to pull all the wire off to know the T’s of my motor, I'd have no more motor then:lmao: I think I’ll go with your second suggestion, I’ll connect the motor to one of my esc’s and will test it controlling esc and motor temp :roll::shock::mrgreen:
When I get my test done I’ll come back here just to let you know how it was going.
See you and thanks for helping me in this one too!!!
El Vasco!!!"thumbsup"

Charlie-III 06-13-2012 04:54 AM

Yes, I remember you.8)