RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Steering effecting throttle? Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/415136-steering-effecting-throttle-help.html)

Got_Demo 11-28-2012 06:00 AM

Steering effecting throttle? Help

Just finished building my XR10 last night and have it all wired up. Here is the parts list.
Novak M2 Dig
Dual Rock Star 45T
CC BEC 10A
Hitec HS7955TG
Spectrum SR300 3 Channel
Venom 3S1P 20C 1300mAh
Rx is set up with dig in aux, servo in steering, ESC in throttle and BEC in bind. Cut the red power wires on both the throttle and dig as directed for 3S battery use. Followed directions for calibrating the ESC to my DX3S and thought it was all good. I put the truck on the floor and tried it out, goes forward and back with no problem under throttle. When stopped for about 5 seconds it will jump into reverse until forward throttle is applied. Second problem is the when steering it engages the throttle and the dig function jumps back and forth. Steer left and it crawls forward, steer right and it goes in reverse. :x

ANY IDEAS????

Abrown83 11-28-2012 06:42 AM

We're your trims set to neutral when calibrating the rx and esc?

I found the M2 instructions as clear as mud when I had mine installed. Took a while to get it all calibrated and setup correct (mt4 rx).

Charlie-III 11-28-2012 07:02 AM

Re: Steering effecting throttle? Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abrown83 (Post 4035932)
Were your trims set to neutral when calibrating the rx and esc?

I found the M2 instructions as clear as mud when I had mine installed. Took a while to get it all calibrated and setup correct (mt4 rx).

This.

Also, how are the batteries in the TX? Even new ones can be bad.8)

Olle P 11-28-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got_Demo (Post 4035889)
... Cut the red power wires on both the throttle and dig...

What powers the dig?

Got_Demo 11-28-2012 07:48 AM

Followed the instructions to the T. Calibration was pretty simple. Directions said to cut both red wires on throttle and dig leads if running 3S on a BEC which I am.
Im pretty sure the trims were at zero, I tried adjusting multiple settings with no change. Two separate batteries were tried, both brand new and fresh charged.

Olle P, the BEC in the bind port provides power to all the functions such as Dig and steering servo.

Olle P 11-28-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got_Demo (Post 4035989)
Olle P, the BEC in the bind port provides power to all the functions such as Dig and steering servo.

But you cut the (red) power wire to the servo, didn't you?

Got_Demo 11-29-2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olle P (Post 4036660)
But you cut the (red) power wire to the servo, didn't you?

No just the ESC and dig function (included internally on the BEC)

Found the problem, BAD Rx!!! Brand new out of the box. Swapped out for the second new one that I had installed on my CR-01 and it worked correctly. Now I just need to figure out the throttle curve settings so its not extremely jumpy. Any suggestions on this?

Charlie-III 11-29-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got_Demo (Post 4037652)
No just the ESC and dig function (included internally on the BEC)

Found the problem, BAD Rx!!! Brand new out of the box. Swapped out for the second new one that I had installed on my CR-01 and it worked correctly. Now I just need to figure out the throttle curve settings so its not extremely jumpy. Any suggestions on this?

Glad you resolved this. Thanks for the follow-up.

As to setting throttle curves in the M2, I never did find a good setting in the ESC itself.
Others have used expo in the TX (if you have it).;-)

For me, running 3S & decent 35T motors, the M2 was poor in initial throttle. It didn't really work well, then sorta "took off". Once moving, I could slow the rig down and crawl, but never had good luck from stopped.
This is part of why I no longer own an M2.:roll: