Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Traxxas TQ3 MOD??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #1

Exclamation Traxxas TQ3 MOD??

Just wondering if anyone can help me out.. I just bought a 3Racing winch and I want to kook it up.. I have the Traxxas TQ3 and I want to mod the 3rd channel button to have a neutral/off position..
Chunky416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #2

Default Re: Traxxas TQ3 MOD??

If all you want to do is have the 3rd channel function for the winch - open the transmitter case ( remove batteries - 5 screws ) , cut the middle wire on the rocker switch , and solder each end of the cut to an on/off switch ( picked one up at source CC ) Mount the switch on the back of the case and done . You will have the rocker switch up and down for the in/out on the winch and the on/off switch you added will be the on off for the winch . The adjustment trim for the 3rd channel is next to a screw in the bottom of the transmitter ( access with a small flat top ) . I did this for a RC4wd 9300xt winch and worked fine except for I couldn't tune the creep out so I have a on switch on the truck to turn the winch off completly when not using it . I also then took it one step further - I had a tq2.4 2ch that I took apart and cut the hole for the factory tq3 rocker and for the on off thumb switch I added - installed the switches . Then I removed the board and soldered wires from the empty "RSW" slot in the board to the bottom and top places on the rocker sw , and soldered a wire from the middle of the rocker sw to the on/off sw I added and from the on/off sw to a empty ground point on the board by the wheel . You can search for this mod here and they have easy to follow pics/instruction . Now I have a 3 ch TQ2.4 .
kansei is offline   Reply With Quote

Traxxas TQ3 MOD?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tq3 mod IDnewcrwlr Electronics 5 03-12-2009 09:14 PM
Help Traxxas TQ3 rear steer mod goslo Electronics 3 08-21-2007 03:20 PM