RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Wantamix? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/458364-wantamix.html)

jado6006 08-19-2013 04:12 PM

Wantamix?

I need somebody out there to tell me what an moa component i saw does. It looked like a small circuit board, wrapped in clear shrink type stuff, & had multiple female reciever plugs coming out of it. It had "wantamix" on the wrap, & thats it. The plugs were labeled 2ch.,3ch. It was being sold for moa's. I have a modest berg w/sidewinder & punk setup. What would this do for me? Thanks dudes who know more than me!

crawler nut 08-19-2013 04:50 PM

Re: Wantamix?

I found this.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendo...ix-v2-0-a.html

Colgout 08-19-2013 07:19 PM

It basically allow you to run Dual esc using a non-dual-esc compatible radio (need to be 3 channel) and has at least 1 programmable 3 pos switch. In some cases, it will allow both dig and proportional (like DX3s and DX3r, where you can assign 2 switch to 1 channel). For some, it will only allow either (DX3C). It works well if you don't want to upgrade to Dual ESC Radio....

Charlie-III 08-19-2013 07:46 PM

Re: WantAmix?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colgout (Post 4446524)
It basically allow you to run Dual esc using a non-dual-esc compatible radio (need to be 3 channel) and has at least 1 programmable 3 pos switch. In some cases, it will allow both dig and proportional (like DX3s and DX3r, where you can assign 2 switch to 1 channel). For some, it will only allow either (DX3C). It works well if you don't want to upgrade to Dual ESC Radio....

+1....I went from a single ESC & servo dig (similar operation to a punk dig) on my 2.2 Bully MOA to a WantAmix and dual ESC's in the same rig. Both set-ups were run on my Futaba 3PM-x.

The WantAmix was a definite upgrade to a dig unit. Now I run a hacked GT3B so it's yet another step up in capabilities.

Look up www.OverKillRC.com to see what LosiKid has to offer.8)

losikid 08-19-2013 10:51 PM

wantAmix - Dual Esc Mixer

jado6006 08-20-2013 12:00 PM

Excellent as always. Thanks fellas!

hairpants 08-27-2013 05:49 PM

I was looking to buy a WantAMix from OverkillRC.com, but it says that they are not for sale right now. Is this just temporary, and if so, when will they be available again?
Thanks,
-rich

Charlie-III 08-27-2013 10:56 PM

Re: WantAmix?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairpants (Post 4456621)
I was looking to buy a WantAMix from OverkillRC.com, but it says that they are not for sale right now. Is this just temporary, and if so, when will they be available again?
Thanks,
-rich

Best bet is to PM LosiKid on this forum, he's the guy behind OverkillRC.

I know he does things like this in batches, so he may be making more in the near future.

hairpants 08-28-2013 07:27 AM

Thanks, Charlie! I tried to PM him, but it says he isn't accepting or can't accept PMs... Hopefully it's just temporary, so I'll keep an eye out.

cormier33 08-28-2013 09:53 AM

I was looking at getting this because I have the DX3C.....but, I'm glad I read this post. I'd still only be able to run one axle at a time? Hmmm.......looks like I need a Tx upgrade!

Charlie-III 08-28-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cormier33 (Post 4457356)
I was looking at getting this because I have the DX3C.....but, I'm glad I read this post. I'd still only be able to run one axle at a time? Hmmm.......looks like I need a Tx upgrade!

The WantAmix on a correct radio (Futaba 3PM-x is an example) allows:
Proportional front/rear mixing
Front or rear dig

I never had an issue with the unit (unlike Punkdigs, servo digs, etc. that others use) and it's almost as good as a radio that does mixing of 2 ESC's (like a hacked GT3B or GT3C, Futaba 4PL, etc.)

motoj550 08-28-2013 02:41 PM

I've been runnin 1 for almost 2 years now with not 1 problem on a DX3R radio "thumbsup"