Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vendors Market > Vendors Electronics

Notices

Thread: wantamix v2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
Got Worms?

Default wantamix v2.0

Alrgiht guys, i have decided to go ahead and release the v2 firmware.

The new firmware basically just decreases the sensitivity of the pots, and made the LED's more sensitive.

The benefits to this is that the led's are more sensitive, so they'll get you tighter to zero which, as reports have shown, increases drag brake/makes it stronger as the led now lights up within the dead band of your esc. Also it has fixed the fluctuations in drag brake strengths, the pots would slightly vary from day to day due to vibrations and weather, by making them alot less sensitive they now don't affect the neutral points, well very little.

Only downfall to the new firmware is it does require tighter tolerances on the radio/setup, but this isn't a huge issue, and no one should really notice.

Also with the release of the v2.0 i am now offering two more options, as in ways to plug in the wantamix to your stuff.

Both options are very similar, what the new options are is the use of headers, headers are those gold pins that are in your rx. So this means your esc's will plug directly into the wantamix, and you'll use two supplied cables to connect your wantamix to the rx.

I have chose two different headers, a standard header, and a low-profile header. The low profile will make the overall height of the adapter/with plug about 3/32" short (in between 1/16" and 1/8") The low profile is alot hard to solder in and requires a inconvenient assembly order, so they are a premium option, they'll be the same price as the wired options. Both the wired and low pro headers will raise $5 in price The standard header is now the standard option

Only downfall to the header option is the supplied cables are pre-made (not by me) and standard wire was used, its a bit stiff and not a premium wire, i am working on fixing this but for now these will do.

Standard header wantamix $40
Low pro header wantamix $45
3 Inch wired plugs wantamix $45

wantamix v2.0 reflash and new shrink wrap...$12 that includes return shipping

Ordering info will be available shortly on my website

wantamix
http://www.overkillrc.com/products.h...roduct=4266062

reflash service
http://www.overkillrc.com/products.h...roduct=5886449

Low profile header

wires vs Low profile

Last edited by losikid; 08-08-2011 at 08:57 PM.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
Got Worms?

Ok options are up, currently i only have enough cables for 4 wantamixs...but i will have some more coming in.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

What would you consider a "standard turnaround" for the reflash? I know it will vary based on how many you get at once.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #4
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
What would you consider a "standard turnaround" for the reflash? I know it will vary based on how many you get at once.
Within a day...probably within an hour of opening your package it'll be reflashed with some new clothing and packaged up to head out the next day.

If i get it Monday. Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday....i ship Tuesday-Friday morning's
Old 08-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
Got Worms?

I can probably do service that swaps out networking components, but i haven't tried yet. i can probably add a standard header and reflash at $20 shipped, and the low profile, probably 25 shipped, depends how easy it is to work around components.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Interested in a reflash as my drag break is weak. What would be the cost to update it and headers? 25?
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote