RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   bec wiring (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/463520-bec-wiring.html)

krank22 09-26-2013 07:31 PM

bec wiring

I know this thread is beatin to death! I just got a savox 1230. 500 oz. I have a castle bec. Holmes brxl esc. I searched and searched and cant find a solid answer.. does anyone have a easy wiring diagram. Im ready to pull my hait out! Help please . Thanks for any help.

Zeks05 09-26-2013 07:35 PM

Are u just trying to wire the servo to the bec? Or run everything off the bec?

Sent from under the sheets

Solitaire 09-26-2013 07:52 PM

Re: bec wiring

All that info is in the "stickies".

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...otors-etc.html

krank22 09-26-2013 08:08 PM

I m just upgrading to a better servo and realize i need a bec. Not sure exactly what it is they do. Just know in eed one. Just wondering the best waybto go about it.

Riddler6.7 09-28-2013 04:34 PM

I just put the castle creations bec on my night crawler. It was very strait forward, I just followed the diagram on the package... programmed it then soldered in thr power wires, plugged it in after disconnecting the red wire from the esc harness...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/ygagysa6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

rangercat23 09-29-2013 07:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is an easy diagram for SERVO hookup.

Meatwad 09-29-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangercat23 (Post 4495377)
Here is an easy diagram for SERVO hookup.

On some rx's, not having the servo grounded at the rx may cause glitching. Servo to rx would do better with the signal wire and ground at the plug.

rangercat23 09-29-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatwad (Post 4495427)
On some rx's, not having the servo grounded at the rx may cause glitching. Servo to rx would do better with the signal wire and ground at the plug.

Fixed the diagram! :oops:
I run the ground from the servo to rx as well, just forgot to update my pic. "thumbsup"

I usually make a Y harness to go between the three so I don't lose the plugs for programing purposes.

Meatwad 09-29-2013 08:36 PM

That was quick! "thumbsup" Good stuff, that diagram is pretty much how those with hv servos do work.

Saw a rig go off a small cliff because of it, so it's stained on the brain.

Edit: same here on the y's, picked up a bundle of male and female pigtails to make them at will.

Lrgrnr 09-30-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangercat23 (Post 4495449)
Fixed the diagram! :oops:
I run the ground from the servo to rx as well, just forgot to update my pic. "thumbsup"

I usually make a Y harness to go between the three so I don't lose the plugs for programing purposes.

Is there a thread on how to make a y harness?

rangercat23 09-30-2013 12:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lrgrnr (Post 4496042)
Is there a thread on how to make a y harness?

Not sure of a specific thread...
Here is a photo of one.

The plug with just black and white wire go to the rx
The plug with just red and black go to the BEC
The plug with all three/four wires goes to servo

You can make it as big as you want or as small as you want, but that is the basic set up.

Meatwad 09-30-2013 12:23 PM

Also iirc there are a couple vendors that make "rx bypass" adaptors, for those that are shy about the diy method.

envious8420 09-30-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangercat23 (Post 4496089)
Not sure of a specific thread...
Here is a photo of one.

The plug with just black and white wire go to the rx
The plug with just red and black go to the BEC
The plug with all three/four wires goes to servo

You can make it as big as you want or as small as you want, but that is the basic set up.

These work well. I run 1 in my scx10 for the servo. It can also be made with multiple outs for leds and other accessories too."thumbsup"

rcscaler 09-30-2013 02:41 PM

so here is my question...
I did run with bypass wire for all my scale rigs...but I don't know why we need the black wire to go to RX.

can anyone tell me some info???

Charlie-III 09-30-2013 03:18 PM

Re: BEC wiring

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcscaler (Post 4496222)
so here is my question...
I did run with bypass wire for all my scale rigs...but I don't know why we need the black wire to go to RX.

can anyone tell me some info???

Some radios are more sensitive to "ground issues" than others. While it can happen on any equipment in any rig, seems like Spektrum radios are the most pissy about it.

While the extra ground WILL NOT HURT ANYTHING, it can sometimes help with "glitches".

In general, having a common ground point (usually the RX) is best, some set-ups can skate by without it.

I have NOT had radio issues with either my Futaba 3PM-x or hacked GT3B (running the external BEC direct to the servo without the servo/RX ground), but that does not mean the extra ground wouldn't help.8)