Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: tekin FXR adjustable Throttle profiles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 02:43 AM   #1

Question tekin FXR adjustable Throttle profiles

Hi All,

Just recieved my FXR and liking how small it is... however either I am being thick or the Tekin website is misleading?

On their website it states that the FX-R has 7 onboard thottle profiles, but reading the instruction manual, LED5 only sets up the reverse type, not the throttle type.

I have mailed the support desk, but as many have said on here, no reply and unlikely to receive one. (not tekin Bashing, but slightly disappointed)

Can anyone with an FX-R confirm that I am not being an idiot, please!

Do I need to purchase the hotwire interface, will this definitley allow me to access the throttle profiles on the FX-R?

Thanks
Elliot
elliot330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2010, 02:52 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Hey Elliot,

Welcome to RCC.

Taken from the Tekin manual:

LED5: THROTTLE PROFILES (FX/FX PRO ONLY) 1) Mildest profile, concave (LED1 ON) 2) Mild profile, concave (LED1-LED2 ON) 3) Linear profile (LED1-LED3 ON) 4) Aggressive profile convex (LED1-LED4 ON) 5) More aggressive profile, convex (LED1-LED5 ON) 6)Custom— User Selectable Using Tekin HotWire PC Con-nection (LED1-LED6 ON)

Throtle Profiles are only available on the FX or the FX Pro. Not the FX-R.

FX-R only has:

LED5: BRAKE/REVERSE TYPE (FXR/FXR PRO ONLY) 1) Proportional Brake with Reverse Lockout (LED1 ON). Proportional brake will be applied during reverse throttle. 2)Forward to Immediate Reverse (LED1-2 ON). The car will operate freely in forward and reverse and will change direc-tion IMMEDIATELY. ADJUSTMENT MODES CONT... 3) Proportional Brake with Reverse Delay (LED1-3 ON). The car will only go in reverse if the trigger has been in neutral for 1 second, otherwise it operates like propor- tional brake with no reverse.

Cheers,
Mike.
The CrAwLL BLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:23 AM   #3

Hi Mike,

That's pretty much what I understood from the instructions I have. but when you read this from their website, it would have you believe than you can change the TP?

From reading the instructions, it doen't look possible, but will the hotwire allow me to adjust it?

Elliot

Controls: Forward/Brake/Reverse
ON Resistance: 0.0012 Ohms
Input Voltage: 4-9 Cells, 2S Lipo (3S Lipo with 35T or higher motor)
BEC: 6.0V/3.0A
Motor Limit: 13 Turn
Throttle Profiles: 7 choices on board
Reverse Type : 3 choices on board; none, delay, immediate
Reverse Strength: 11 steps on board
Rock Crawler Spec: 3S Lipo compatible when used with 35T or higher motor
Dimensions: 1.1 x 0.80 x 0.40 " (28 x 20 x 10mm)

Last edited by elliot330; 02-16-2010 at 03:26 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I would recommend getting the hotwire. I have one and it really allows fine tuning to your FXR. I'm not sure how many profiles there are but I know of at least 4 available through the hotwire.
kooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooter View Post
I would recommend getting the hotwire. I have one and it really allows fine tuning to your FXR. I'm not sure how many profiles there are but I know of at least 4 available through the hotwire.

Hi Kooter,

Thanks for replying,

Just to confirm, you have the FX-R and the hotwire allows you to adjust the throttle via your PC.

Thanks
Elliot
Old 02-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I just adjusted my throttle profile on my Fx-r via hotwire tonight. There are 2 concave, linear, and two convex.
Ktbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

As already stated, with the hotwire you can change the throttle profile.

you can also change the brake(reverse)profile, drag brake setting, reverse strength, brake strength, neutral width, voltage limits & cutoffs.

it's pretty easy to plug the thing in and adjust the settings........try it out......adjust more if needed.....etc. IMO it is well worth it.
JTank70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:00 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I have an FXR and the Hotwire and I can not change any throttle profiles. If you can I cant figure it out.

FXR+Hotwire= no adjustable throttle curves.

Is there something I need to do to get this feature with the Hotwire and my FXR or am I a dumbass?

Last edited by The Hack; 02-17-2010 at 07:15 AM.
The Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:47 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhackel1 View Post
I have an FXR and the Hotwire and I can not change any throttle profiles. If you can I cant figure it out.

Is there something I need to do to get this feature with the Hotwire and my FXR or am I a dumbass?
You need to update to the v4.0 to get the throttle profiles, but I lost the push control slider when I updated. Tekin is aware of it and are looking into the issue. Their forum at http://forum.teamtekin.com/phpbb3/ has lots of good info on it.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhackel1 View Post

Don't feel bad as I am in the same boat.I have updated just today and still only have the original 6 items.None of them have any throttle curve or neutral width.I did both my FXR and FXR Pro. ?
Dennis P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by killswitch View Post
You need to update to the v4.0 to get the throttle profiles, but I lost the push control slider when I updated. Tekin is aware of it and are looking into the issue. Their forum at http://forum.teamtekin.com/phpbb3/ has lots of good info on it.
Thats what I wanted to here. I just updated to the v4.0 but I don't have my hotwire with me at work so I will try it on my home computer.

Thanks
Old 02-17-2010, 03:12 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

OK so computer stuff may not be my world but for those that may be suffering from the same issue I was having here is some help.I always assumed that when you started up your hotwire and it asks to check for updates that it actually checked for updates just like the castle system does.No it does not you have to go to www.teamtekin.com and download your update to your computer ect then hook up and update the controller.Not a big deal once you figure it out.I just could not figure out how you where getting throttle profile and neutral band when I could not get any new updates as it kept saying none avaliable.
Dennis P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktbone View Post
I just adjusted my throttle profile on my Fx-r via hotwire tonight. There are 2 concave, linear, and two convex.
Thanks for checking this for me, I will order a hotwire tomorrow.

Thanks to the others who have posted as well, at least I know what to look out for when I try to update the software.

Elliot
Old 02-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

I just ran the v4.0 update and then updated the esc software and bam... there it was. More than 3 throttle profiles. Sweet. Now I need to get my Punk dig fixed and I can try it out. Thanks for the input.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:04 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

the newest update from tekin also has better low end throttle response. the hotwire is worth the money for that alone
Fordx4Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:11 AM   #16

Went to order mine yesterday, but they stockist that sold me the ESC doesn't have any hotwire's until mid March
Old 06-26-2015, 12:06 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: tekin FXR adjustable Throttle profiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CrAwLL BLACK View Post
Hey Elliot,

Welcome to RCC.

Taken from the Tekin manual:

LED5: THROTTLE PROFILES (FX/FX PRO ONLY) 1) Mildest profile, concave (LED1 ON) 2) Mild profile, concave (LED1-LED2 ON) 3) Linear profile (LED1-LED3 ON) 4) Aggressive profile convex (LED1-LED4 ON) 5) More aggressive profile, convex (LED1-LED5 ON) 6)Custom— User Selectable Using Tekin HotWire PC Con-nection (LED1-LED6 ON)

Throtle Profiles are only available on the FX or the FX Pro. Not the FX-R.

FX-R only has:

LED5: BRAKE/REVERSE TYPE (FXR/FXR PRO ONLY) 1) Proportional Brake with Reverse Lockout (LED1 ON). Proportional brake will be applied during reverse throttle. 2)Forward to Immediate Reverse (LED1-2 ON). The car will operate freely in forward and reverse and will change direc-tion IMMEDIATELY. ADJUSTMENT MODES CONT... 3) Proportional Brake with Reverse Delay (LED1-3 ON). The car will only go in reverse if the trigger has been in neutral for 1 second, otherwise it operates like propor- tional brake with no reverse.

Cheers,
Mike.
I know...old thread, but I was searching and the info is relevant! Been wanting little more low end throttle control, going to pull out the old Tekin Hotwire and try the concave throttle curve settings!

Thanks!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote