Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: tekin rs pro issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2015, 03:11 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default tekin rs pro issue

having some funning behavior. when I hook up the esc to the hotwire I can see the esc and adjust the settings. but when I connect I back up to the rx and flip the power switch it is non-responsive. the rx getting power from the esc (rx light is on and I can control the steering) but the esc has no lights at all and no response to throttle.

any thoughts? it was working in the morning. then i had a wiring issue that created a short on the battery. a quick puff of smoke and the battery wire desoldered from the terminal. fixed the wiring but after that the esc would light up with leds 1,2,6,7 on. I could go through the radio calibration but it would not respond after. I then hooked it up to the hotwire to see if it was still alive. after hooking to the hotwire i ended in the current state.

is it burned up? could it be something else?
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2015, 03:23 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

Default Re: tekin rs pro issue

Does it smell? Like a fried FET. Burned electronics stink.

Where'd the smoke puff come from?

Could open it up and look.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 03:53 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Does it smell? Like a fried FET. Burned electronics stink.

Where'd the smoke puff come from?

Could open it up and look.

it did have an odor. it was so quick i'm not certain where the smoke came from. the battery lead literally desoldered almost immediately (bad solder joint; got it in trade so didn't check them all) once i saw smoke.

if it is burned funny that hotlink still talks to it. guess i need to see what tekin does for repairs (or start looking for a new esc).

Last edited by jebster; 09-20-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:53 PM   #4
MODERATOR™

If it smells, it's toast. The parts that make things go are different than the parts that tells those parts to make things go, so that's why it can still talk to the computer. Sort of like an input and an output. The output is toast. The brain is okay but the muscles are done.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 05:28 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
If it smells, it's toast. The parts that make things go are different than the parts that tells those parts to make things go, so that's why it can still talk to the computer. Sort of like an input and an output. The output is toast. The brain is okay but the muscles are done.

damn. figured that was the case. guess i have to see if it can be repaired for reasonable cost. otherwise, anyone have a tekin rs pro they would like to part with??!!
Old 10-09-2015, 12:39 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Hey jebster,

When leds 1/2/6/7 light up, the ESC is saying the wrong motor type has been selected.

I had this same issue (when using the Hotwire, the ESC would revert to brushless even though I had chosen brushed) and even after contacting Tekin, no win....until I read the manual again and followed the steps exactly as the ESC wants. See the actual thread over here, maybe it can help you?

RS Pro problem - possibly auto-resetting

Lastly....do you have any issues with your rig rolling on an incline? I just can't seem to get my ESC to brake 100% so no back rolling?
savagedustbunny is offline   Reply With Quote

tekin rs pro issue - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XR10 Blown Tekin FX-R Pro Wiring Issue dcharman Electronics 7 10-13-2012 10:57 PM
Mamba Pro and Tekin 13.5 issue boulder Electronics 10 11-12-2011 06:10 PM