Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 2 Stick Radio Users 6 or more channels?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default 2 Stick Radio Users 6 or more channels?

Looking for some input from the stick radio users out here. I am looking at 6 channel or more radios, but I am also looking for the bare minimum to operate 2 ESC's and 2 steering channels. I have read everything I could dig up, but it looks like most 6 channel radios wont do enough different mixes. Here are my operating scenarios...
(1) Having front and rear separated with front steering and throttle on one stick and rear steering and throttle on the other stick.
(2) Having both throttle channels on one stick and both steering channels on the other stick.

Any input would be appreciated
themerc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I use a 4 channel with the front esc and steering on the left stick and the rear esc and steering on the right stick. I like this setup alot. I have tried mixing the esc's on one stick and I didn't like it at all, to much to think about IMO. I think the way mine is setup is the easyest to controll for me, not saying its the best for everyone.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
06 Super National Champ

DX6.

You can turn mixes on and off at the flip of a switch.

Scenario 1 is easy...you explained it yourself.

Scenario 2 would require you to program a mix. Mix A would mix the throttle and elevator channels...

So you'd have a 1-3 mix at 100%

When you moved the left stick forward it'd drive both axles forward. Move the stick down and both axles would be drive in reverse.

Flip the switch off to go back to independent control.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:38 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Default Balancing Motor Speeds when Mixed...

OK, Running the DX6 with both my scenairos now, but when mixed my rear motor speed is slightly faster than the front. Both ESC's are set up the same and both work pretty much the same when not mixed. Would some expotential +or- on either help to balance the motor speed? I also have them mixed at 125%. Thanks in advance
Old 01-04-2007, 10:49 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by themerc64
OK, Running the DX6 with both my scenairos now, but when mixed my rear motor speed is slightly faster than the front. Both ESC's are set up the same and both work pretty much the same when not mixed. Would some expotential +or- on either help to balance the motor speed? I also have them mixed at 125%. Thanks in advance
You answered your own question... mix at 100%! You are telling the rear motor to work 25% more while mixed.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 11:31 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Thanks Unholy, I will give that a try. I figured that they would both be at 125%. I am still being schooled on these fancy radios.