RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Have tech questions? Will answer. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/590281-have-tech-questions-will-answer.html)

edjo69 06-17-2020 08:14 PM

Re: Have tech questions? Will answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvic (Post 6029704)
I was afraid of not being able to do that. I agree it should be in the box. They give you a code to redeem a free one, but then are backordered. I am in Santa Cruz, CA. I am mostly worried about direction of rotation than anything else, until I get the link. Thanks for all of the advice.

"Most" RC trucks and such usually run in "normal" direction. The Mamba comes preset to direction: "normal". What are you putting it in? Also remember as a temporary fix you can reverse the throttle channel in your transmitter. The only truck/crawler that I currently own that runs a reverse direction motor is an Axial Capra.

Kvic 06-18-2020 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edjo69 (Post 6029743)
"Most" RC trucks and such usually run in "normal" direction. The Mamba comes preset to direction: "normal". What are you putting it in? Also remember as a temporary fix you can reverse the throttle channel in your transmitter. The only truck/crawler that I currently own that runs a reverse direction motor is an Axial Capra.

I am putting it in an Axial SCX10.3. I wondered about just reversing it at the transmitter, but when I was speaking with Holmes Hobbies they specifically mentioned programming the ESC, so I wasn't sure just reversing was an option. I will probably do just that in the short run. Thanks

edjo69 06-18-2020 10:28 AM

Your welcome, It is best to do it in the ESC, but it wont ruin anything to temporarily reverse the throttle. Just change the ESC when you get the dongle. You will have better throttle resolution with it reversed in the ESC.

JameCurious 06-24-2020 07:59 AM

Can anyone please tell me what is the most expensive RC car in the world, and how fast is RC rock crawler.

QuesoDelDiablo 06-24-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JameCurious (Post 6030779)
Can anyone please tell me what is the most expensive RC car in the world, and how fast is RC rock crawler.

Most expensive RC car in the world? I'm not sure there's a black & white answer to that one.

Probably something 1/5 scale. Probably $5k USD? Depends if you're custom built or off the shelf.

Rock crawlers are slow because they're supposed to be. Some might have a top speed of 2-3km/h and some might go 20-25km/h

You're asking questions that there isn't really a 'perfect' answer for.

mikemcE 06-24-2020 11:59 AM

Barry Musawer builds scale monsters like he drives, 5 k isn’t unheard of

Hang up and Drive

woodcox 06-24-2020 03:35 PM

Question with charging FlyskyGT5 Lipo battery. I have labeled 2s 1500mah generic battery for my Tx. I charge it at 1.5v 1500cap with a typical four button charger. When it is finished cells are at 4.2 and balanced but the charger says it is only putting 549mah each time I charge it. Is this all it will take? Is this battery mislabeled/sold as 1500mah?

Inspector86 06-24-2020 04:44 PM

Hey John,
Just curious, given the increasing popularity in no prep RC drag racing, have you given any thought to making a drag race brushless motor?

durok 06-24-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector86 (Post 6030877)
Hey John,
Just curious, given the increasing popularity in no prep RC drag racing, have you given any thought to making a drag race brushless motor?

His Puller Pro R 540-L V2 is available in a new 6000kv version...

PULLER PRO R 540-L V2 RACE MOTOR 6000KV:

https://holmeshobbies.com/motors/bru...or-6000kv.html

and I quote:

"When you want efficient and controllable power , the Puller Pro delivers the excessive force you desire! The Puller Pro R 540-L is a rock race honed variation with higher quality materials for less heat, more torque, and less brake fade. It retains industry leading low speed control and throttle feel, giving you an edge whether in the rocks or pulling a run on the track. The 6000kv is borne from our 3s lipo U4RC race research and tuned up faster for 2s lipo sled, drag, and general overpowered mayhem!"

and:

"Notes: Designed for dominating 1/10th scale U4, rock racing, endurance, drag race, sled pulling, and general obscene power on 2s lipo. Also makes 4x4 stampedes an airplane."

It's a 550 can size and has a 60,000 rpm limit.

I have the v1 4100kv version, still waiting for me to complete the assembly of my 2nd Bomber-based rig to install it in. I shudder to think how much power it will have on 3S... "thumbsup"

bexline 07-11-2020 05:36 PM

Drag Brake

7.4lb Capra with 4ws and SuperShafty Axles
Crawlmaster 16t Pro
Mamba X
3s 50C
9T Pinion

Watched your video on setup.
Current Settings
Brake Amount 100%
Drag Brake 100% Crawler Full-On
Drag Brake Ramp Disabled (Intantaneous)

Brake will not hold the truck. It isn't any better than the HW1080 I just replaced.

I have an AXE 550 2700kv in a 9lb TRX and if the tires will stick, the brake will hold. Hoping for the same performance in the Capra.

Any suggestions? Appreciate it.

mikemcE 07-11-2020 06:39 PM

Throttle curve ? Start power ? Punch?
JRH s video shows how all work together

Hang up and Drive

bexline 07-11-2020 06:43 PM

High startup power
Punch 20%
Max power 100%
Reverse 100%
Throttle curve 25% power at 70% input

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voodoobrew 07-15-2020 09:29 AM

Crawlmasters have weaker brakes then a torquemaster plus Tha Capra has taller gears which make it harder on the drag brake.

Softer foams might help.

Too much drag sends power through the motor. It basically just turns into heat, that might become an issue.

The Holmes hobbies esc's had an active drag brake. So maybe they would hold better. I'm not an expert on those.

It's probably just be the crawlmaster you're using with the Capra gearing.

bexline 07-15-2020 12:19 PM

Thanks for the response. I took my HW Axe 550 I had in my trx and put it in the Capra. That brake is super duper and with a 9t pinion the 2700 has tons of low end. Problem solved but it was disappointing. I’ll likely put the Mamba X in the Trx and add a pro puller or something like that. Cheers

rag6 07-16-2020 09:53 PM

Just came across this vid of a torque pull test of the SHV500V3.
This servo pulled exactly what it claims. Only a couple of servos have pulled anywhere near it's claims in the many servos he tested. My questions are, is his test rig trustable on what it is reading? And, Is there an industry standard test? And How do you at HH test them?

And btw, this is my next xmaxx servo when the 2085x dies...

https://youtu.be/trgpe-b84PM

Panther6834 07-16-2020 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rag6 (Post 6034893)
Just came across this vid of a torque pull test of the SHV500V3.
This servo pulled exactly what it claims. Only a couple of servos have pulled anywhere near it's claims in the many servos he tested. My questions are, is his test rig trustable on what it is reading? And, Is there an industry standard test? And How do you at HH test them?

And btw, this is my next xmaxx servo when the 2085x dies...

RC Review is very 'trustworthy'. If you check his past videos, you'll find a video about the servo testing method, which also covers, and explains, how that specific "device" was "developed", and our together. He also has a few other videos, testing a variety of servos, using the same device.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

bexline 07-16-2020 10:08 PM

Have tech questions? Will answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther6834 (Post 6034896)
RC Review is very 'trustworthy'. If you check his past videos, you'll find a video about the servo testing method, which also covers, and explains, how that specific "device" was "developed", and our together. He also has a few other videos, testing a variety of servos, using the same device.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

“Thanks “, that “was” good “info”. [emoji23]j/k

rag6 07-16-2020 10:11 PM

I believe this guy is an honest reviewer. I'm actually debating with someone about his test equipment. He is saying the bend in the servo pull arm is causing lower readings. I was wanting to know from an expert if his rig is accurate, and how they do it at HH.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

QuesoDelDiablo 07-17-2020 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rag6 (Post 6034898)
I believe this guy is an honest reviewer. I'm actually debating with someone about his test equipment. He is saying the bend in the servo pull arm is causing lower readings. I was wanting to know from an expert if his rig is accurate, and how they do it at HH.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

That video seems to be broken or I was gonna review his test apparatus. I routinely build test equipment for the School of Engineering at our University so I'd really to check it out. I guess I'll just have to check again later and see if the problem gets fixed, but no matter how I find it (link, profile or search) youtube just tosses an error anytime I try to open this particular video.

rag6 07-17-2020 11:27 AM

Try this link