Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: can anyone suggest best Battery Charger & Batteries for CROSS TRUCK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019, 12:17 PM   #1

Question can anyone suggest best Battery Charger & Batteries for CROSS TRUCK

Hello Everyone

Can not recall if I introduced my self when I joined you all,basically old guy 63 complete novice hopefully having built a CROSS HC6 TRUCK

I am looking for a good intuitive Transmitter not top of the range but a nice model ,likewise a suitable battery charger something thats well regarded among you guys? I like the sound and feedback of the ISDT CHARGERS they appear Intuitive and quite easy,but ideally I need one with included power socket connection.,as my field is out large garden.its like all these decisions,I am trying to strike a good balance finally the best batteries. from what I have read many Chinese makes (both chargers and batteries e.t.c.)or copies are not as good as some (not my words just read feedback)

I thank you all in advance

Regards Steve

Last edited by crossrcman; 02-01-2019 at 02:30 PM.
crossrcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2019, 04:25 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: can anyone suggest best Battery Charger & Batteries for CROSS TRUCK

I use one of these for charging:

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6-...e-au-plug.html

I'm not in a hurry ever to charge, I just charge at 1C, usually in my work truck if I know I'm gonna go pound rocks after work, takes about 20min from storage, 60min from flat. Good little ac/DC charger for under $45.00

If you go with that, there are plenty of guys who run Turnigy batteries, they're cheap and I've never really noticed a difference in a crawler over expensive batteries.

$150 in the cart should get you free shipping to Norway.

Radio I can't advice, I just picked up a DX5 Rugged, the rugged part was an expensive splurge but now that I've tripped and dropped the damn thing twice, I'm glad I did.

Personally I'd go with 5 channels. If you go or ever want to go brushless, two channels is nice for current and I'm sure future ECS' that use an auxiliary channel as well, it's a great feature! Add steering and a winch, you're already at 4 channels. Turning light bars on and off with your transmitter eats up a 5th and is pure fluff but awesome, much like our tiny trucks to begin with.

Happy hunting!
Xx Losungen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:37 PM   #3

Question Re: can anyone suggest best Battery Charger & Batteries for CROSS TRUCK

Hello Xx Losungen xX
Many thanks for your reply,and advice really obliged to you
I am sort of on a role with this and since posting the new thread,have had one or two chargers suggested including the ISDT range? but then I read and received quite negative feedback on them so am non the wiser.
I was aware of your charger,it seems popular.

the transmitter will come in time,not sure if I should go for pistol grip, just hope their are enough channels as I am having sound installed also?

the REVOLTRIX & ICHARGERS Really look like they are the top of the charger tree
but am unsure if any of their models is worth the expense,for just a trucks batteries.

regards Steve
Old 02-04-2019, 05:13 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I won't dispute those 2 names are good charges, but they're not a fantastic price for what you get vs some other options. I've used the SkyRC derivitives like Losungen suggested, and they're great as long as they are genuine. The down side is very low charging power (50-80W), although Hobbyking's Reaktor line (copy of iCharger 106B+) has upped that to 250w.

I've been using the ISDT brand lately (sc-620) as I already had external power supplies available. The ISDT chargers have so many more features it's crazy, in addition to serious wattage, for a great price. Mine was ~$60 and I can't even get close to maxing it while charging dual 5500mah 4S batteries. They do have an AC version but it's only 200w, although you won't usually find AC charges that offer much more. Separate PSU & charger is the best way to go if you need serious charging power.

As far as transmitter, I'd steer clear of Spektrum. Radiolink & Flysky have several multi-channel options that aren't terribly expensive while having great range & features.
Hydrocarbon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:12 AM   #5

Question Re: can anyone suggest best Battery Charger & Batteries for CROSS TRUCK

Hello Hydrocarbon92

Many thanks for your most helpful reply, since placing the thread I have tried to fast track my knowledge of chargers and batteries in particular.the SkyRC looks like a good all around charger. I really liked some of the early feedback on the ISDT Chargers,then I started to read quite a lot of negative feedback,which made me unsure?

The reason I thought of buying a mains charger,is I do not require a field charger,and will only be using the same battery for the CROSS RC - RC TRUCK 1 Lipo 2 7.4volt does this change your view? and if so do you have an alternative charger option? I have also being given good feedback on the RADIOLINK Transmitter.and the GENS BATTERIES

I understand that one of the ISDT MODELS is mains operated? how good an option is this,I also received a suggestion from PROGRESSIVE RC:-GT-POWER-V6-DUO. this to looks good, but my lack of knowledge on all these options is great?
So any additional help appreciated

Regards Steve

Last edited by crossrcman; 02-05-2019 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:30 AM   #6
RCC Addict

From my short time being in the hobby I have found that the hacked flysky gt3c is a great radio for the price and receivers are really cheap aswell. The hacked version can go up to 8 channels. Yes there's better radios but you're going to drop some cash for them and their receivers. I use the skyrc IMAX B6 charger. It is a great charger for the price. Just make sure you get a genuine one. There are Allot of copies of this charger. I run Turnigy 3s batteries and have no issues with them. Great price too! Think the 3s 2200 goes for $11. I get about 90 mins crawl time in my Trx-4 with it. Good luck! Look forward to seeing some pics of your crawler.
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:59 AM   #7

"Many thanks for your kind and helpful reply, much appreciated.please excuse the font sizes my eyesight is very poor.
the skyrc IMAX seems very popular. I still need to find out from the builder of my CROSS RC TRUCK some of the details like is it 1 or 2 batteries it uses,the TURNIGY & GENS To seem very popular choices.I suppose because I will only ever own the One RC Model I am looking to buy the best accessories possible, without going to mad?

Would love more feedback on the ISDT CHARGERS and if its worth going with separate PSU or sticking to a charger with mains power?I require as intuitive charger as I can find(long story) how about the BUMP STICKERS are they all hype e.t.c. or are they helpful?especially to folk like me?

Regards Steve

Last edited by crossrcman; 02-05-2019 at 08:03 AM.

can anyone suggest best Battery Charger & Batteries for CROSS TRUCK - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Low run time on batteries, battery and charger help. optikalillushun Electronics 10 10-29-2011 02:40 PM
RTR batteries/ battery charger muddywaters Electronics 5 10-27-2011 05:15 PM