Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors. Tight!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2019, 12:49 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors. Tight!

I bought some of these thinking that I would standardize all my crap around them(batteries, ESC's, charger, etc) to make things easy to swap. Well holy crap, these things are insanely tight. Getting them apart by hand is near impossible and I have had to use pliers a few times. Any suggestions on how to make them less tight? Could I throw some dielectric grease in there to help them slip a little better?

Polarized Castle Connectors - 6.5mm Male / Female Set

Last edited by mass-hole; 03-14-2019 at 12:51 PM.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors. Tight!

Anything other then some grease such as feraling out the females or pinching the male end would compromise the Integrity. In time I'm sure they will ease up.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:41 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

They can be very tight by design. They are supposed to be tight for larger models because they conduct better the tighter they are. A slight change in tension can change the resistance of the connection. When you are doing 200 amps through the connector, a slight change in resistance can dramatically affect the heat in the connection.

For a crawler, it shouldn't be an issue to loosen them up a bit.
Slightly pinch the male bullet on all sides with a pair of pliers to make them easier to plug/unplug.
You can tighten them by sticking an hex driver in the middle to spread them out to get a better connection. They will loosen up over time so after you run them for a while, you might have to readjust them again.
robert@castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:32 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@castle View Post
They can be very tight by design. They are supposed to be tight for larger models because they conduct better the tighter they are. A slight change in tension can change the resistance of the connection. When you are doing 200 amps through the connector, a slight change in resistance can dramatically affect the heat in the connection.

For a crawler, it shouldn't be an issue to loosen them up a bit.
Slightly pinch the male bullet on all sides with a pair of pliers to make them easier to plug/unplug.
You can tighten them by sticking an hex driver in the middle to spread them out to get a better connection. They will loosen up over time so after you run them for a while, you might have to readjust them again.

Gotcha. This is a Mamba Monster X in a Rock Rey and, while I’m not utilizing its full potential now, i figured i’d just get the right connectors from the start.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote

Castle 6.5mm Polarized Connectors. Tight! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OTVD 5mm stub and 5mm bore steel wheel hexes Locked Up Locked Up RC 5 04-26-2017 10:59 AM
Castle 1410 3800kv 5mm wiring magic_yeti Electronics 5 11-02-2016 12:49 PM
Castle ESC missing motor connectors b4tn Electronics 13 01-15-2015 10:23 AM
Castle Creations Bullet Connectors kmrunner Electronics 7 03-07-2010 09:51 PM