Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Mamba micro X crawler ESC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2019, 05:34 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Mamba micro X crawler ESC

Just placed my order from Amain hobbies. Here are my questions. Does this ESC support Holmes Hobbies's Revolver Snub nose 540 V2 sensorless motor? and does it also support brushed motor and turn limit? Thank you guys

Sent from my vivo 1723 using Tapatalk
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2019, 05:40 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Mamba micro X crawler ESC

However, I cannot find any REVOLVER SNUBNOSE 540 V2 SENSORLESS ROCK CRAWLER on Amain yet. Hopefully they are soon available on Amain so that I can make my order as soon as they become available.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:01 AM   #3

Congrats! You'll love that ESC.

Per the product page:

"Castle's "Slate" crawler motors (combos available) and Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro 540 "Stubby" (≤ 2700kv)"

MAMBA MICRO X 12.6V ESC, 2A PEAK BEC W / POSTS

As far as brushed goes apparently it's not great for brushed motors.

Robert@Castle says, "I will say the Micro-x probably isn't great for a brushed motor becuase it only has 1 high side and 1 low side FET per phase. So all of the current would be flowing through only 1 FET."

And John Holmes says, "The closest comparison is people using micro sidewinders, mamba 25s, micro pros with brushed motors. The drag brake is weaker and it can be easy to heat swamp them if you have tall gearing or do stuff like hill climbing. It works for slow and controlled driving, but wouldn't be my first choice because of the FET count."

Mamba micro x and brushed motor
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:48 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Congrats! You'll love that ESC.

Per the product page:

"Castle's "Slate" crawler motors (combos available) and Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro 540 "Stubby" (≤ 2700kv)"

MAMBA MICRO X 12.6V ESC, 2A PEAK BEC W / POSTS

As far as brushed goes apparently it's not great for brushed motors.

Robert@Castle says, "I will say the Micro-x probably isn't great for a brushed motor becuase it only has 1 high side and 1 low side FET per phase. So all of the current would be flowing through only 1 FET."

And John Holmes says, "The closest comparison is people using micro sidewinders, mamba 25s, micro pros with brushed motors. The drag brake is weaker and it can be easy to heat swamp them if you have tall gearing or do stuff like hill climbing. It works for slow and controlled driving, but wouldn't be my first choice because of the FET count."

Mamba micro x and brushed motor

Good morning USA and Jato here, I really appreciate your helping here and I would say Wow, your memory just like a computer( good memory ). I am sure I have read somewhere else about all this information, but just could not remember the thread name anymore. I don’t know what should I say now, but just a million Thank you here.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Good morning USA and Jato here, I really appreciate your helping here and I would say Wow, your memory just like a computer( good memory ). I am sure I have read somewhere else about all this information, but just could not remember the thread name anymore. I don’t know what should I say now, but just a million Thank you here.
You're welcome.

My memory is horrible. Luckily I'm pretty good at searching the internet.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:20 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I ran a standard size (not the snub nose) Revolver from a Micro X for quite awhile, no issues whatsoever, even in an 8lb+ Wraith. As long as you're geared low ( I'm at 65:1) and not super heavy, I think you'll be happy.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 10:54 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

For brushed operation is has half the number FETs(4 vs of the Holmes TorqueMaster BR Mini, but probably isn't half the ESC because of the heat sink and waterproofing(the epoxy potting material we use works really well for pulling heat away from the ESC). I'd guess it can probably handle 70-80% of the load of the TorqueMaster BR Mini, but I have never done comparative testing of the two.
robert@castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 05:14 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
I ran a standard size (not the snub nose) Revolver from a Micro X for quite awhile, no issues whatsoever, even in an 8lb+ Wraith. As long as you're geared low ( I'm at 65:1) and not super heavy, I think you'll be happy.

Thank you so much TheLetterJ. This is truly a wonderful testimony. I have been using sensored motor until now, therefore I really wanna to try out one sensor less motor. I like snubnose because it is superlight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2019, 05:29 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert@castle View Post
For brushed operation is has half the number FETs(4 vs of the Holmes TorqueMaster BR Mini, but probably isn't half the ESC because of the heat sink and waterproofing(the epoxy potting material we use works really well for pulling heat away from the ESC). I'd guess it can probably handle 70-80% of the load of the TorqueMaster BR Mini, but I have never done comparative testing of the two.
Good news for me, gonna try out on brushed motor as well and see how it turns out. Thank you Mr.Robert for the details explanation.

Mamba micro X crawler ESC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mamba micro X esc PileDriver Electronics 9 01-06-2017 09:46 PM
mamba micro esc cliff1119 Electronics 5 01-22-2015 02:08 PM