Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Fleabay 12v Wireless RF Switch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2019, 05:22 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Fleabay 12v Wireless RF Switch

I have light kit on my TRX4 Blazer, as well as a light bar on top. Light bar is a 36 LED COB job and sucks down the juice on a 2S pack fast - lowered my play time from several hours to under 1 hour with that light bar on (5200mAh). So I wanted a way to turn on/off accessories (lights mostly) without removing body and plugging up things.

I did some playing around with a $6 Fleabay 12v wireless RF transmitter/receiver. DC-12V-10A-433MHz-4CH-Wireless-Relay-RF-Remote Was interesting - same idea as the wireless winch controllers, except 4 channels and larger non-waterproof format. Use balloon to keep receiver waterproof and I wired a plug for my 2S battery balance connector. It actually works on 2S battery ... for awhile Since the relays are looking for 12v when the 2S gets below about 7.9v the relays won't work anymore.

I've since found (wish I'd seen them a month ago) same gadget that works off 5v at about $13. 315MHZ-Wireless-Remote-Control-Switch-5-12-24V-4ch-

Also found a similar system whose relays work down to 5v. It's also $13, but as I understand, it's WiFi - it creates a WiFi network that you connect your phone to and use an app to switch the relays on/off. So no extra transmitter to lose! DC-5V-7-32V-4-Channel-WiFi-Wireless-Relay-Switch-Control-Module-4CH-With-APP

I thought this was fun stuff to play with! Trailer lights, light bars, spot lights, emergency blinkers, revolving lights (fire/rescue or tow/caution) ... remotely turn any 4 items on/off. James Bond changing license plates? How about interactive floats for a Christmas Parade? Would be cool to have a group of a dozen or more RC guys crawling trucks that are pulling floats in your hometown parade next year. Possibilities are endless! Post up your ideas!

Last edited by vf750rider; 12-24-2019 at 05:42 PM. Reason: bad link
vf750rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Fleabay 12v Wireless RF Switch - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switch for 12v lights???? AnimalHippie Electronics 7 02-09-2019 07:07 AM
Interesting Winch on fleabay sweli General Scale Talk 9 01-13-2013 11:06 PM
dang fleabay hende Chit Chat 3 09-28-2010 07:54 AM