Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Redcat Gen 8 Wireless Magnetic LED

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2020, 06:07 AM   #1

Default Redcat Gen 8 Wireless Magnetic LED

Ever get tired of carefully putting the body back on your rig and ensure you plugged in your LEDs. Many of the brands have vehicle specific leds but all have one flaw. The control unit is mounted on the chassis while the lights are mounted onto the body. Prime example is my RedCat Gen 8, I bought a 16 led light kit. The only down side is all the wires and then carefully attaching the body on the chassis with leaving enough room to slide my hand in between to plug in the lights to the control box. After hours of searching I finally found a solution that allows me to pull off the body to get into the internals without disconnecting anything. I found a company called boomracingrc and saw they made a Waterproof Stealth Wireless Magnetic LED Body Mount for Axial SCX10. There is a youtube video that shows you how to wire it up. After viewing the video, I decided to come up with my own wiring configuration. After getting all the parts I needed, here is the final product.

https://youtu.be/Oe0M3U7wPLo
darrent15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Redcat Gen 8 Wireless Magnetic LED - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Redcat - Everest 10 vs Gen 7 vs Gen 8 s14rc Newbie General 10 12-19-2019 08:29 PM
Redcat Gen 8 and gen 7 snow adventure! shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 04-10-2019 12:37 PM
Redcat gen 8 & gen 7 trailing wicked snow trail for a race shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 02-20-2019 07:05 AM
Redcat gen 8 scout & gen 7 sport ( epic snow trail adventure ) shenlonco Scale Videos! 0 02-08-2019 12:35 PM
Xtra Speed hard body & wireless magnetic ...... Frank211 Paint and Body 3 01-18-2019 04:36 AM