Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Hacked Flysky gt3b, gt3c or something else?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2020, 08:16 PM   #1

Default Hacked Flysky gt3b, gt3c or something else?

So last time I was in the Rc hobby a hacked flysky was the go to remote. I’m not comping so I could get away with the non-hacked, but why not have the options right?

So I’m looking to get a better than rtr remote so I can consolidate my electronics, and don’t really know the market. I think ~$100 for a hacked flysky is reasonable, but would like some input.

Aside from the knobs and battery difference between the b/c, are there any real advantages of one over the other?

And should I consider another controller?

Thanks!!!
DavidVonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2020, 07:23 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Hacked Flysky gt3b, gt3c or something else?

I would strongly suggest the Flysky GT5
It has 6 channels, it's been surprisingly rugged so far. it feels as good as a DX5c in terms of build.
They are not much more expensive than a hacked GT3, they get better battery and better range. The GT3c seems to have a lot of range issues.
The GT5 can use AA batteries or a lipo. It has all the exponential adjustments, it has crawl mode if you have rear steering, and the rx that is used with the GT5 is the Fs-bs6 which has the option for stability control.

I would suggest youtube a few reviews on the GT3 vs GT5 but most people seem to suggest the GT5 is hands down better. That's why I picked the GT5 and I'm thrilled with it.
AC49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:33 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

the gt3c is.far better than the gt3b just the lipo feature of the c is leaps and bounds better and the usb charging port make it to easy to charge and the steering is alot better too the c is smaller than the b and easyer to hack in my opinion anyway
the gt5 is newer dosent need to be hacked and its a better quality radio using newer parts and better technology but you pay for that and hacking the gt3/? is easy enuff to hack saving alot of money and repairing it when something fails is easy enuff to do if you know that kinda stuff
the gt5 is plug and play the gt3 is a tinker toy you have to make it in to what you want it to be
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 11:28 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I'm a big fan of the hacked GT3C.

If I was buying today I would seriously consider the GT5 but I'd want to investigate the Rx cost for it first. One of the really appealing things about GT3C is the fact the Rx's are only about $10 (or less).
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 11:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
I'm a big fan of the hacked GT3C.

If I was buying today I would seriously consider the GT5 but I'd want to investigate the Rx cost for it first. One of the really appealing things about GT3C is the fact the Rx's are only about $10 (or less).

That’s one of the big appeals for me and the 3 over the 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DavidVonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:04 PM   #6

GT5 is better than any stock GT3 IMO. Get the GT5 unless, for some reason, you need more model memory than it allows. I'd rather have two GT5's instead of one hacked GT3.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:45 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I've been running a hacked GT3 for years. Modded it here and there for more durability, converted over to lipo and it has held up fantastic. Feels utterly natural in my hands at this point. I've got 47 models crammed into it - drifters, touring, crawlers, 2ws, 4ws, 2 speeds ... even a semi. Handles them all and I plan to run it until it fails. (I have a spare on standby too!)

Having said all that, I recommend a GT5 as well - great radio, I just picked one up to mess around with. Receivers aren't too salty so it can grow with your collection and it's pretty easy to work with.

I really wanted to look into a Rugged, but with the cost of all the receivers, it was just way too expensive to convert over. Fine if you own a couple of vehicles, but a bit much if you've got a horde.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 11:49 AM   #8

My brother has a couple of flysky GT5s and they seem to do just fine, RX price is really good. I like my rugged but agree the price of a RX is very steep compared to the flyskys.
Crunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 12:54 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

The Radiolink RC6GS is a solid radio as well. I picked one up a couple months ago as another option and it has been easy to set up and use. I think the toggle switches the Radiolink has for the 5th and 6th channels make them more useful than the knobs of the GT5.

Programming the hacked GT3 radios sucks. We put up with it because it was the only reasonable 4+ channel option for a long time but times have changed. Unless I have a need for 7 channels or more, I’m choosing another one of my radios way before my GT3C.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 03:41 PM   #10
RCC Addict

I've got two hacked Flyskys and I love them but they are a pain in the ass to remember how to program if you don't do it often, I just picked up the Radiolink 6ch V2 and this thing is sweet! I may using this one exclusively on all new rigs from here on out, really easy to program and works great! Receivers are only $19.00, 10 model memory could be a bit more but good enough.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 10:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I've got two hacked Flyskys and I love them but they are a pain in the ass to remember how to program if you don't do it often, I just picked up the Radiolink 6ch V2 and this thing is sweet! I may using this one exclusively on all new rigs from here on out, really easy to program and works great! Receivers are only $19.00, 10 model memory could be a bit more but good enough.

Did you add switches to your FlySky GT-3C?

WraithJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 03:44 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithJeep View Post
Did you add switches to your FlySky GT-3C?

No, didn't feel the need to, I guess a toggle would be ok but the push buttons work just fine.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote

Hacked Flysky gt3b, gt3c or something else? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to buy a hacked gt3b or gt3c chattinfarms Electronics 5 08-21-2013 11:48 PM