Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Do i need a rx pack?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Do i need a rx pack?

I have 2 tower pro 945mg servos a 65t motor moped esc and a punk rc steering computer...when i turn fully to one way or the other and hold it for a few seconds the servos "twitch" like they move about 1/8-1/4" back and forth when fully locked either left or right. they also act up alot like they dont want to turn and just not as good as when i had just 1 servo. Should i run an rx pack or am i totally off?
Mikekx65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Or a voltage regulator/bec set up.
cotharyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Any other suggestions?
Old 09-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I ran an rx pack to solve my steering/throttle problems. Worked well, but added a lot of weight to my already fat 2.2. Another pack to charge and have a spare, another switch to flip or plug to remember. Too much b.s for something that I could not use in a comp. anyway. Cant speak for a super.
fatbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:10 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

check out the voltage regulator from castle creations Holmes Hobbies in the vendor section sells them, way easier and lighter that a rx pack.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:35 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I'm going with an rx pack....i already have one and my super is only 9lbs so a few more oz's wouldnt hurt
Old 09-08-2007, 05:32 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Question

May I ask why you chose to run the Rx pack? I mean do understand that since you have one , but A lot of members chose the voltage reg to keep space and weight down . You say your super is at 9lbs , what does your rig consist of? Chassis , axles , etc. I only ask cause I was convinced to run the voltage regulater with my servos cause it helps when they are binded up. I'm not knockin the Rx pack but I like to hear other members thoughts on there desision.
PROTOTYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 08:40 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Well if i had the extra $ to go out and buy one then i would be happy to. But when going to school i cant work as much as i used to so the $ isnt as plentiful as usual. So thats why i'm going to use a rx pack instead of a voltage reg. And yes my super weighs 9 lbs as of right now,and thats a full running crawler even the body. But ill be adding 4 rock rings so that and the rx pack will add a lb at the VERY most. And my rig is just a basher so im not really worried about weight.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

If you are building a super $20 is the least of your concerns Get a voltage regulator or bec from castle and be done with it.
teamtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Well like i said befor if i had the extra $ i would go out and get one. I think i have like $30 bucks to my name and i would rather spend it on somthing that its actually worth. i mean i already have the rxpack hooked up and everything and i dont mind charging 2 batts its not that big of a deal.